Send email notifications for certain logged events

Discussions and requests related to new CMSimple features, plugins, templates etc. and how to develop.
Please don't ask for support at this forums!
cmb

Send email notifications for certain logged events

Post by cmb » Sun Feb 28, 2016 10:54 am

I like to suggest to give admins the possibility to configure that email notifications are sent for certain types of events which are logged in the logfile. I consider the current logging rather useful, but it still requires to have a look at the logfile what might not happen if the admin doesn't have to change something on the website. My idea is to let the admin configure the minimum severity of events (error, warning, info) which he/she will be informed about by email.
Christoph M. Becker – Plugins for CMSimple_XH

svasti

Re: Send email notifications for certain logged events

Post by svasti » Sun Feb 28, 2016 5:01 pm

Just realised that I practiclly never look at the log file. Just now I had a look and found that some month ago there were 5 unsuccessful log-in attempts within a few seconds. Hm, did somebody want to capture my site???

So, I guess I'd support your proposal.

cmb

Re: Send email notifications for certain logged events

Post by cmb » Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:47 am

svasti wrote:Just realised that I practiclly never look at the log file.
Same here! :oops:
svasti wrote:Just now I had a look and found that some month ago there were 5 unsuccessful log-in attempts within a few seconds. Hm, did somebody want to capture my site???
That's possible, but it also might be inadvertantly caused by a bot; it is possible to (try to) log in with a GET request, if I'm not mistaken.
Christoph M. Becker – Plugins for CMSimple_XH