cmsimplewiki.com is not editable anymore

A place for general not CMSimple related discussions
svasti

Re: cmsimplewiki.com is not editable anymore

Post by svasti » Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:42 pm

bastingse wrote: the email address that can be find on a "whois" page to contact him?
I tried the email goven at http://www.nmud.de/webdesign/impressum.php.
bastingse wrote:Expiration Date: 11-JUN-2015
What happens when he doesn't renew the site? All content gone and who knows, who will grab the domain. I guess we better are prepared . . .

cmb

Post by cmb » Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:11 pm

The good news: obviously, the server clock has been fixed, and edits work again. :)

The bad news: still no "life-sign" of Till. :(
svasti wrote:What happens when he doesn't renew the site? All content gone and who knows, who will grab the domain. I guess we better are prepared . . .
If Gert wants to expand his little empire, he may do so. There are worse things than wannabe developers hoaxing naive users/customers.[1]

PS: [1] This is of course just my opinion. See also the discussion below.
Christoph M. Becker – Plugins for CMSimple_XH

svasti

Post by svasti » Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:44 pm

You think you can beat him with better code? Wellll, let's see, he is probably the best business man amongs us...

cmb

Post by cmb » Thu Apr 02, 2015 1:03 am

svasti wrote:You think you can beat him with better code?
No, I don't think so. Linus, who I'm unable to hold a candle to, couldn't beat "Bill and his minions". However, as I said, there are worse things happening in this world (#germanwings, #warinsyria, #niklas, to mention a few).

faehnrich

Post by faehnrich » Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:05 am

I think it's not acceptable any more, what you, daer christop, are doing in this forum here. Your trouble with Gert is per se hard to understand, because I think, you are the one, who damages CMSimple by developing an own CMS and at the same time calling it CMSimple.

But now you go one step further by offending Gerts users and customers as naiv or stupid. What to hell is riding you?

I'll think about to react by law, because your statement is not denoted as opinion but as fact. You are massively overriding your competences acting this way or by posting business damaging statements for the users or customers of cmsimple.org.

So please denote that shit as your opinion, so that everybody understands, it is your opinion and not an all concerning fact.

Thanks

cmb

Post by cmb » Thu Apr 02, 2015 12:15 pm

faehnrich wrote:Your trouble with Gert is per se hard to understand, because I think, you are the one, who damages CMSimple by developing an own CMS and at the same time calling it CMSimple.
It appears to me that you are not aware of the history of CMSimple_XH and CMSimple. In short: CMSimple_XH has been forked by a group of developers (amongst them Gert), the name has been acknowledged by Peter Harteg (the developer of CMSimple at that time), and I became part of this group later. Later on Gert left, and forked CMSimple_XH 1.5.3 as CMSimpleCoAuthors, which finally became CMSimple 4. These are facts, even though the German Wikipedia article on CMSimple describes that quite differently, in my opinion.
faehnrich wrote:But now you go one step further by offending Gerts users and customers as naiv or stupid. What to hell is riding you?
Well, for one, I feel offended by several statements from Gert which he posted on http://cmsimple.org/forum/ without giving me the chance to reply in that forum. I have asked for registration in that forum, but it was rejected (something like "Du bist hier nicht erwünscht").

One of these statements:
Richtig problematisch wird es, wenn verantwortungsvolle Plugin Entwickler und Programmierer, die sich entschieden haben, ihre Plugins nicht mehr weiter zu entwickeln, ihre Angebote aus dem Netz nehmen, aber irgendwelche fleissigen Archivierer diese im Wiki weiterhin zur Verfügung stellen, zum direkten Download aus dem Wiki.
I am one of these "fleißige Archivierer" (maybe the only one), and apparently, Gert opposes these to "verantwortungsvolle Plugin Entwickler und Programmierer"...

Another of these statements has been something like "plugins from 3-magi.net are malware for CMSimple". This has been considerably mitigated not long after having been written, but without any explicit rectification or an excuse to me.

However, the main point is, that Gert is aware of several vulnerabilities in CMSimple 4 and ge-webdesign.de plugins (we have discussed some of these in the past), but he refuses to fix these vulnerabilites. One of these vulnerabilites has been discussed in the security forum long ago, and had finally been fixed with CMSimple 3.4. Even the High-Tech Bridge advisory acknoledges that. However, all versions of CMSimple 4 up until 4.5.2 at least are vulnerable, what is not mentioned in the htbridge advisory. In my opinion, a responsible developer would fix the vulnerability, and would inform High-Tech Bridge about the status quo, so users stumbling over this security advisory would not be lulled in a false sense of security.
faehnrich wrote:So please denote that shit as your opinion, so that everybody understands, it is your opinion and not an all concerning fact.
Yes, of course that is my opinion. Usually, I do not denote explicitly all my expressed opinions, but I have "fixed" it above. However, not because you're threatening with legal actions against me, presumably under a pseudonym, and not because you're calling my opinion "shit" (either of which is barely acceptable, in my opinion), but rather to prevent potential trouble for the forum's operator.
faehnrich wrote:You are massively overriding your competences acting this way or by posting business damaging statements for the users or customers of cmsimple.org.
Is that a fact or you personal opinion? If the latter, you may consider to denote it as such.

bastingse

Post by bastingse » Thu Apr 02, 2015 12:49 pm

i'm searching for it but can't find it...... that 'like' button.

johnjdoe

Post by johnjdoe » Thu Apr 02, 2015 12:52 pm

faehnrich wrote:I think it's not acceptable any more, what you, daer christop, are doing in this forum here. Your trouble with Gert is per se hard to understand, because I think, you are the one, who damages CMSimple by developing an own CMS and at the same time calling it CMSimple.
It's not only acceptable but even desirable what Christoph is doing here in our forum: He helps ... always, everybody and with a lot of knowledge of the subject and kindness!!

"En passant" he develops our CMSimple XH and is the main supporter for all about it!!

So I suggest that you read, reflect and understand before posting bullsh*** ... :roll:

bastingse

Post by bastingse » Thu Apr 02, 2015 2:35 pm

well spoken !

faehnrich

Post by faehnrich » Thu Apr 02, 2015 3:01 pm

Thanks for this correction.
Now I think, it's clear, that it is your opinion, that all the users and customers of cmsimple.org are naif.
Your other hatefull statements stand for themselves.
Cheers