CMSimple_XH 1.6

A place for general not CMSimple related discussions
Holger
Site Admin

Re: CMSimple_XH 1.6

Post by Holger » Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:22 pm

cmb wrote:though, so there's no problem, and others can be most likely easily adapted.
Hmm, I would not say that that's so easy. A lot of my plugins might break with that change (relative to index.php calculated paths for included files for example) - not only KCFinder...

cmb

Post by cmb » Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:36 pm

Holger wrote:
cmb wrote:though, so there's no problem, and others can be most likely easily adapted.
Hmm, I would not say that that's so easy. A lot of my plugins might break with that change (relative to index.php calculated paths for included files for example) - not only KCFinder...
I was referring to the changed folder layout regarding the content files, only. :) If a plugin uses $pth['folder']['content'] there's no problem. Otherwise it's just a matter of replacing hardcoded paths (e.g. "./$sl/content/") with $pth['folder']['content'] (which will also work for older CMSimple-Versions).
Christoph M. Becker – Plugins for CMSimple_XH

Bob

Post by Bob » Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:53 pm

Thx for your response Christoph.
All right with everything. My only small concerns were the relative links and the coherence in the arrangement of the contents (content/default(de)/, content/fr/, content/en/ etc.).
Deeply 2.0 :-)

Bob

Post by Bob » Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:41 am

Hi guys
Another detail. IMHO the language file and that of configuration would not have being merged. The language file is valid and concerns any site with the same version (1.6.x) while the configuration (title, description, texts etc.) differs for each. It is a question of structure but it is also a problem for updates. As a rule the data to the site are included in the database (content.htm here). But maybe that this point was already treated by the team...
Bob

cmb

Post by cmb » Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:39 pm

Hi Bob,
Bob wrote:IMHO the language file and that of configuration would not have being merged.
I had suggested to do so quite a while ago and it was agreed upon. When I suggested it I thought the main point of introducing the LANGconfig.php files had been to make available some of the former $cf variables for each language. However, svasti already mentioned the advantage regarding updates in the meantime. So now I've searched the old internal forum and found the respective discussion: apparently, it was a two step process to move some settings from the configuration to the language files, and only later the LANGconfig.php files have been introduced to ease updating.

Anyway, I still think the LANGconfig concept was not thought through, as I replied to svasti:
cmb wrote:
svasti wrote:Maybe the xxconfig.php language files weren't all that stupid after all, as they usually contained the user defined strings while the standard language file could have been easily exchanged.
I don't think the LANGconfig files have been a stupid idea, but they have not been thought through. On one hand, there never has been an equivalent for the plugins (why not, if it was an important concept), and on the other hand, it's sometimes unclear where to put some strings. Consider the template texts for instance: actually those are localizations, but they were stored in the language configuration. And meta_codepage was stored in the language file, despite it's a (language dependent) configuration option. And what about lastupdate_dateformat?
Furthermore the implementation required several hacks to inject some $txc variables into $cf/$tx, and to remove them again before saving. I'm quite happy that we could clean that up.

Regarding easy updating: that is at least partially being catered for by the default.php files. A general description on how to use them for updates is available in the XH Wiki. And I'm still hoping for a (semi-)automatic update script sometimes...

Christoph

Bob

Post by Bob » Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:50 pm

Thank you for your complete answer Christoph.
I wanted just say that certain localized strings (title, meta markup, texts) had more their place in the content (as pagedata strings) than in the common translation file. I know that these modifications were complex and we'll do with that while waiting for better...
Bob

uwes

Post by uwes » Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:52 pm

Hi everybody.

CMSimple XH 1.6 looks fine, but I can't change my password. When I click the "Change password" button in Settings - CMS, nothing happens.

I transferred the encrypted password from the old config.php to the new config.php for now. But this should be fixed quickly!

Funny fact: It works on localhost, but not on the server. Error message in JS console: "ReferenceError: XH is not defined"

cmb

Post by cmb » Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:53 pm

uwes wrote:Funny fact: It works on localhost, but not on the server. Error message in JS console: "ReferenceError: XH is not defined"
Is the file javascript/admin.js accessible on your server?

uwes

Post by uwes » Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:00 pm

The file is in place, but can't be accessed (404). Rights seem to be ok (tested with 0755 and 0777).

What's wrong?

cmb

Post by cmb » Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:03 pm

Um, is there some .htaccess which restricts the access? What is the response code when you try to access the file (403 Forbidden)? Is the folder readable and executable (0555)?