New release: CMSimple 3.4

A place for general not CMSimple related discussions
harteg

New release: CMSimple 3.4

Post by harteg » Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:11 pm

- Deprecated function eregi replaced with preg_match
- XSS fix (prinlink and htmlspecialchars/UTF-7)
- XSRF protection (set 'xsrf_protection' to 'true')

Available at http://www.cmsimple.org/?Downloads

harteg

Re: New release: CMSimple 3.4

Post by harteg » Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:48 pm

There was a problem with CMSimple scripting in the new release - cms.php and login.php have just been updated with a fix.

malcarada

Post by malcarada » Fri May 25, 2012 2:41 am

That is pretty cool, I was under the impression that there would be no more releases, anybody knows how to upgrade to the latest version?

I checked the user manual and there is no mention on how to upgrade to version 3.4

http://www.cmsimple.org/?Installer%27s_ ... _to_newest

cmb

Post by cmb » Fri May 25, 2012 10:14 am

Hi malcarada,
malcarada wrote:anybody knows how to upgrade to the latest version?
you just have to overwrite the files in the cmsimple/ folder (except config.php and languages/) with the new ones. Additionally you have to add the following line to cmsimple/config.php:

Code: Select all

$cf['xsrf']['protection']="";
malcarada wrote:That is pretty cool, I was under the impression that there would be no more releases
Me too, so I was quite surprised. But the changes were just some bug fixes (security resp. PHP6 related). If you're interested in new features, you should have a look at CMSimple_XH.

Christoph
Christoph M. Becker – Plugins for CMSimple_XH

malcarada

Post by malcarada » Fri May 25, 2012 10:54 am

Thank you for explaining about how to upgrade cmb.I want to thank you CMSSimple developer too for patching up the software without anyone asking for it, an unpatched security hole would definitely make me move my site to a new platform but I can still remain there.

I looked at the CMSSimple_XH project and I quite like, but it is easier for me to upgrade that transfer everything to a new platform, if I were to start a new site I might do it using CMSSimple_XH because I prefer a project that is active.