Help understanding?

A place for general not CMSimple related discussions
Termin

Help understanding?

Post by Termin » Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:27 pm

What is the value of the string:

Code: Select all

//for compatibility XH <= 1.4 beta2
if (!isset($cf['folders']['userfiles']))$cf['folders']['userfiles'] = 'userfiles/';
if (!isset($cf['folders']['downloads']))$cf['folders']['downloads'] = 'downloads/';
if (!isset($cf['folders']['images']))$cf['folders']['images'] = 'images/';

cmb

Re: Help understanding?

Post by cmb » Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:45 pm

Hello Victor,

$cf['xxx']['yyy'] are CMSimple's config options, which can be viewed and modified in the back-end. They are stored in /cmsimple/config.php.

The code you've posted are three different statements (each doing the same for a different config option):

Code: Select all

if (!isset($cf['folders']['userfiles']))$cf['folders']['userfiles'] = 'userfiles/';

This line checks, if there already exists $cf['folders']['userfiles'] in config.php. If this is not the case, it sets $cf['folders']['userfiles'] to the directory /userfiles (i.e. the default).

The $cf['folders'] config options exists so that a user can adjust different locations to his needs (e.g. where to store his images, downloads, userfiles).

I hope that answers your question.

Christoph

PS: BTW I saw you've posted this in FAQ forum. I guess that General forum is a better place to post such questions.
Christoph M. Becker – Plugins for CMSimple_XH

Termin

Post by Termin » Sat Jul 16, 2011 6:59 pm

Hello Christoph,

The contents of the directory:

userfiles/
downloads/
images/

Indexed by search engines?

I need more directories containing content that would not have lost the way links for a directive of the site , as well as the original directory content or directory 2lang. Creating a catalog of myfiles/ containing folder content inside content.htm and pagedata.php the system requests the pluginloader. The question arose as to why the two pluginloader in the system, or more if I need a lot of directories content.
I wanted to use the directory userfiles/
to create another directory content, after your reply, I realized that this is not what I need.
There is another solution to this problem?

Victor

cmb

Post by cmb » Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:40 am

Hello Victor,

AFAIK /userfiles, /downloads and /images are not indexed by search indexes automatically. Only when linked from the content. Or to be more exact: the search index requests the domain start page and searches for links on that page. Then it requests all these linked pages (or documents) and searches for links to other pages. So the search engine will only index pages and documents that are directly or indirectly linked from the start page of your domain. This will typically be all pages of your content.

But there are two exceptions: hidden (i.e. not shown in menu) and removed (i.e. not published) pages. Removed pages can't be indexed by a search engine, because they are accessible from the back-end only, to which search engines do not have access. Hidden pages will be indexed only, if you put explicitly a link to them on another index page.
Termin wrote: that would not have lost the way links for a directive of the site , as well as the original directory content or directory 2lang
Normally no user or search engine has direct access to /content (at least on Apache web server, because of .htaccess in this directory). The content will be indexed as described above.
Termin wrote: Creating a catalog of myfiles/ containing folder content inside content.htm and pagedata.php the system requests the pluginloader.
I don't quite understand that. Do you mean, you have inserted links on a page of CMSimple to files in /myfiles directory? This should work as expected. There shouldn't be the plugin loader requested (whatever that means).
Termin wrote: The question arose as to why the two pluginloader in the system, or more if I need a lot of directories content.
There shouldn't be need for more than one plugin loader in a single CMSimple installation.
Termin wrote: There is another solution to this problem?
There are different solutions, depending on what exactly you need. In the simplest case you should just create links (on a page that is neither hidden nor removed) to all files you additionally you want to be indexed (this might work even for folders, but I'm not exactly sure). In this case you can put the files even outside your CMSimple installation, but you then have to give absolute links. It might be simpler to put these files in a directory /myfiles in CMSimple's root.

Only if your content.htm gets too big, you have to look for another solution, but I guess that's not the case.

Christoph
Christoph M. Becker – Plugins for CMSimple_XH