Update CMSimple Demo Site

A place for general not CMSimple related discussions
manu

Update CMSimple Demo Site

Post by manu » Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:39 pm

Who ist maintaining the official CMSimple Demo Site on https://demo.cmsimple-xh.dk/?
It is still a 1.6.x Version with the old Templates. I just forgot who the owner is.

Hartmut

Re: Update CMSimple Demo Site

Post by Hartmut » Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:14 pm

manu wrote:Who ist maintaining the official CMSimple Demo Site on https://demo.cmsimple-xh.dk/?
It is still a 1.6.x Version with the old Templates. I just forgot who the owner is.
This information is documented on the following page:
http://cmsimplexh.webdesign-keil.de/?se ... ion=search
Best regards
Hartmut

cmb

Post by cmb » Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:23 pm

Hartmut wrote:This information is documented on the following page:
That's not quite right, though. maeg is providing the webspace, but is not responsible for maintenance. If anybody wants to help bringing the demo up-to-date, they'd be welcome. However, I'm afraid some required plugins may not yet compatible with CMSimple_XH 1.7.0. And we're still using a modified version of Templateswitch – guess we should switch to Themeswitcher_XH, but I'm not sure if it's stable enough yet (at least the start page issue should better be resolved).
Christoph M. Becker – Plugins for CMSimple_XH

Hartmut

Post by Hartmut » Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:44 pm

cmb wrote:
Hartmut wrote:This information is documented on the following page:
That's not quite right, though. maeg is providing the webspace, but is not responsible for maintenance. If anybody wants to help bringing the demo up-to-date, they'd be welcome. However, I'm afraid some required plugins may not yet compatible with CMSimple_XH 1.7.0. And we're still using a modified version of Templateswitch – guess we should switch to Themeswitcher_XH, but I'm not sure if it's stable enough yet (at least the start page issue should better be resolved).
Thanks for the hint.
I had thought that the information with the details "contact person / administrator / coordinator" and "FTP access" the informations are complete.

lck

Post by lck » Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:59 pm

manu wrote:Who ist maintaining the official CMSimple Demo Site on https://demo.cmsimple-xh.dk/?
Das ist normalerweise svasti, siehe auch hier. Er hat mich auch mal gefragt, ob er eins meiner Templates mit in die Demo aufnehmen soll/darf.
„Bevor du den Pfeil der Wahrheit abschießt, tauche die Spitze in Honig!“   👉 Ludwig's XH-Templates for MultiPage & OnePage

manu

Post by manu » Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:25 am

cmb wrote:If anybody wants to help bringing the demo up-to-date, they'd be welcome. However, I'm afraid some required plugins may not yet compatible with CMSimple_XH 1.7.0. And we're still using a modified version of Templateswitch – guess we should switch to Themeswitcher_XH, but I'm not sure if it's stable enough yet (at least the start page issue should better be resolved).
It would be my pleasure to help with this. Christoph, could you send me a zipped copy of the demo page? As I see it its just a standard installation with a template switcher an inidivual content. I would return a updated zip file to you.
regards
manu

manu

Post by manu » Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:13 am

cmb wrote:...
And we're still using a modified version of Templateswitch – guess we should switch to Themeswitcher_XH, but I'm not sure if it's stable enough yet (at least the start page issue should better be resolved).
but the start page issue isn't a themeswitcher_XH specific, this is a general issue, isn't it?

cmb

Post by cmb » Sat Aug 26, 2017 11:36 am

manu wrote:It would be my pleasure to help with this. Christoph, could you send me a zipped copy of the demo page?
FTP-Login to the site doesn't work, currently. I'm already in contact with maeg. As soon as this is solved, I'll send you a copy.
manu wrote:As I see it its just a standard installation with a template switcher an inidivual content.
A few modifications have been made to CMSimple_XH. For instance, the mailform will not actually send any emails.
manu wrote:but the start page issue isn't a themeswitcher_XH specific, this is a general issue, isn't it?
IMO it's more a general issue, but at least for our demo a workaround should be employed (writing to $c[$s] instead of $o).

cmb

Post by cmb » Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:12 pm

cmb wrote:As soon as this is solved, I'll send you a copy.
Sent via email (2 MB).
cmb wrote:A few modifications have been made to CMSimple_XH. For instance, the mailform will not actually send any emails.
Actually, there is a guide in the Wiki on how to set up a public demo. Please update/fix, if necessary.

cmb

Post by cmb » Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:46 pm

Thanks to manu our demo is now up-to-date!