The future of CMSimple_XH

A place for general not CMSimple related discussions
cmb

Re: The future of CMSimple_XH

Post by cmb » Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:16 pm

Korwin wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:43 am
I remember that some pages with CMSimple_XH plugins and templates disappear temporarily or permanently. Therefore, I want to place on the Russian site CMSimple_XH some of my favorite plugins that work exactly with version 1.7.2. I also want to translate the help file in some plugins to Russian. Of course, the author of the plugin, its page (if it still works) or a link to Github, where you can download the latest version of the plugin, will be mentioned on the page. Do you think it would be right? I also want to make a Russian build of CMSimple_XH. Any objections?
No objections from me. On the contrary, I think that would be helpful for Russian language speakers. However, carefully check the license of the plugins. Most are free for redistribution, but there are some exceptions. For instance, Register_XH must not be redistributed over the internet (sorry, that's a silly restriction I inheriteded from earlier maintainers of the plugin).
Christoph M. Becker – Plugins for CMSimple_XH

Tata

Post by Tata » Thu Nov 01, 2018 7:42 pm

I have just browse the internet and found https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_c ... nt_systems and https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CMSimple. I think, someone should edit the infos to make them more accurate.
Here any info about CMSimple_XH is missing in the PHP section.
And here, the information is also not accurate. Here parts of https://www.cmsimple-xh.org/?The-XH-Story should go in. (Who?)
OOT
I have a little problem with the fact, that CMSimple4.x.x. is actually the descent of CMSimple_XH1.5.3 running without any remark to "_XH". Whereas there are remaining some potentional limitatyions to the CMSimple_XH based on Gert's ownership of the CMSimple brand and rights.
CMSimple.sk
It's no shame to ask for an answer if all efforts failed.
But it's awful to ask without any effort to find the answer yourself.

olape

Post by olape » Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:30 pm

Tata wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 7:42 pm
I have a little problem with the fact, that CMSimple4.x.x. is actually the descent of CMSimple_XH1.5.3 running without any remark to "_XH". Whereas there are remaining some potentional limitatyions to the CMSimple_XH based on Gert's ownership of the CMSimple brand and rights.
Yes, tricky, but unfortunately true.
Gruß Olaf, Plugins for CMSimple_XH

Ich habe schon lange den Verdacht, dass so viele so eifrig auf Gender, Trans und Queer machen:
Weil sie für das Fachliche ganz einfach zu doof sind.

olape

Post by olape » Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:41 pm

Tata wrote:
Here any info about CMSimple_XH is missing in the PHP section.
Done

Ich habe schon lange den Verdacht, dass so viele so eifrig auf Gender, Trans und Queer machen:

cmb

Post by cmb » Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:57 pm

Tata wrote:
I have a little problem with the fact, that CMSimple4.x.x. is actually the descent of CMSimple_XH1.5.3 running without any remark to "_XH".
UTSL! For instance, cmsimple/cms.php of CMSimple 4.7.5 contains the following:

Code: Select all

CMSimple_XH 1.5.3
2012-03-19
based on CMSimple version 3.3 - December 31. 2009
That's fine for me. :)

Korwin

Post by Korwin » Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:35 am

Legal subtleties and the right of birth is an important thing. But in the end, the one who survived is right.

Lyrical digression.

I'm a historian by profession. My hobby is creating games - text quests and adventures, graphics which can not be outdated, because it replaces the imagination of the player.
I work in a children's squadron, a children's sailing fleet Flagship. These are sails, swords, books, children's journalism, fleet history, flags, drums, democracy and discipline. Kids like ancient dinosaurs like me.

All my life I came to the end of the holiday. I started programming with the Soviet programmable calculator MK-61 in 1986. My first programming language was assembler. USSR died in 1991.

My first real computer was the ZX-Spectrum... in 1995. No comment, please. :lol:

My second programming language was ZX-Basic.

In 1996 I built my first PC. It was a 386DX40 with an 80MB hard drive. My visual impression of the ZX worked significantly faster. :P

My third programming language was simple C, without any # and ++. In 1998.

My first PDA was Palm Tungsten C in 2006, when the PALM era was coming to an end.
Yes, I managed to work with Casio Pocket Viewer in 2004-2007 and with Psion 5mx in 2007-2009! In my eyes from their sites was left by the last users.
I learned HTML in 2009 and made my first website. Tata saw it. In the yard was the era of CMS.

In 2013, I was looking for a CMS for a small construction company website. Found Russian site CMSimple_XH, but there was no forum, no mail developer. Online translators in 2013 were much weaker than they are now. As a result, I chose the Russian CMS Rumba XML, which had support. In 2016, its author released the latest b version.

I am here. Even this spring worked more sites developers CMSimple_XH and remembering the story of his life, I'm starting to be a little afraid. ;)

I understand that it's not about me, change is a feature of our rapidly changing world. I'm enthusiastic. But I want to understand strategy and prospects. Tell me, why don't the CMSimple_XH developer sites work? And what future awaits us?

By the way, I didn't mean for the survivor to be alone. I just want CMSimple_XH to be alive for a long time.
Last edited by Korwin on Fri Nov 02, 2018 3:20 am, edited 4 times in total.

Korwin

Post by Korwin » Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:55 am

1. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CMSimple_XH - This page need to do?

2. I don't unserstand!

https://whatcms.org/?s=cmsimple-xh.org - We couldn't detect a CMS at www.cmsimple-xh.org
https://whatcms.org/?s=www.cmsimple.org - Success.
https://whatcms.org/?s=www.cmsimple-xh.ru - - Success. CMSimple_XH 1.4
Why?

olape

Post by olape » Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:42 am

Korwin wrote:
Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:55 am
I don't unserstand!
It's a decentralized project.
There are too many construction points, some of which have not been started, others are started but not followed up.
Some things were started by very enthusiastic users, but then not finished. We probably don't know anything about some things, or just find out by chance.
XH no need to be everywhere, either.
The most important thing is the work on XH, and unfortunately almost everything is left to Christoph.
But you are welcome to get involved and do the things mentioned.
Last edited by olape on Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.

cmb

Post by cmb » Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:49 am

Korwin

Post by Korwin » Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:19 am

Thanks, all clear!