Redigering af menu

Et CMSimple support forum for dansktalende brugere og udviklere

Moderator: ZiPs

FT4

Re: Redigering af menu

Post by FT4 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:51 am

Thanks for the comments. I realize this morning, that we now communicate in English in the Danish section, but I'll continue the thread. Regarding _XHdebug.txt: do you suggest the file to be empty to get the error messages? I have uploaded a file containing the number 6, but it doesn't give any useful output.

cmb

Post by cmb » Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:22 am

FT4 wrote:Regarding _XHdebug.txt: do you suggest the file to be empty to get the error messages?
Yes. Actually, having an empty _XHdebug.txt is not generally recommendable, but it might help in this particular case.
Christoph M. Becker – Plugins for CMSimple_XH

FT4

Post by FT4 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:46 am

Thanks. I'll try that.

FT4

Post by FT4 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:54 pm

lck wrote:When I look at the source text, I see that there is something wrong. Whether it is related to the 500 error, I do not know.

- at the beginning and end of the template.htm seem to be blank lines
- the Docctype is not current, should be: <! DOCTYPE HTML>
- <head> is included twice, thus also jQuery
- jQuery is not set to the latest migrate and core versions

I would also times the browser cache completely delete and the page several times reload.
cmb wrote:Is there a more detailed error message? Have you consulted Pagemanager's system check (Plugins → Pagemanager)? Is everything reported as OK?
What does the Debug-Mode and the browser-console (e.g. F12 in Chrome) report? Are there any error messages when the 500 error occurs?
I don't find the same as you. The only DOCTYPE is <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40/loose.dtd">
And for every <head> there's a </head>
Finally jQuery is the latest version

FT4

Post by FT4 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:00 pm

cmb wrote:
FT4 wrote:Regarding _XHdebug.txt: do you suggest the file to be empty to get the error messages?
Yes. Actually, having an empty _XHdebug.txt is not generally recommendable, but it might help in this particular case.
I don't get any response to an empty _XHdebug.txt. The manual says: "upload a file _XHdebug.txt to the configured downloads folder of your installation". I uploaded an empty file to the root of the site. I don't have a downloads folder

lck

Post by lck » Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:44 pm

FT4 wrote:I don't get any response to an empty _XHdebug.txt. The manual says: "upload a file _XHdebug.txt to the configured downloads folder of your installation". I uploaded an empty file to the root of the site. I don't have a downloads folder
XHdebug.txt is stored under ./userfiles/downloads/
„Bevor du den Pfeil der Wahrheit abschießt, tauche die Spitze in Honig!“   👉 Ludwig's XH-Templates for MultiPage & OnePage

cmb

Post by cmb » Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:09 pm

FT4 wrote:The only DOCTYPE is <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40/loose.dtd">
And even worse, there is whitespace before the <!DOCTYPE:

Code: Select all

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40/loose.dtd">
That may switch a browser to quirks-mode which is highly undesireable. Have a look at your template, and replace the existing doctype with:

<!DOCTYPE html> 
Christoph M. Becker – Plugins for CMSimple_XH

lck

Post by lck » Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:17 am

You can test your site with the W3C Developers-Tools.
"Nu HTML Checker" illustrates it clearly.
„Bevor du den Pfeil der Wahrheit abschießt, tauche die Spitze in Honig!“   👉 Ludwig's XH-Templates for MultiPage & OnePage

FT4

Post by FT4 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:46 am

lck wrote:
FT4 wrote:I don't get any response to an empty _XHdebug.txt. The manual says: "upload a file _XHdebug.txt to the configured downloads folder of your installation". I uploaded an empty file to the root of the site. I don't have a downloads folder
XHdebug.txt is stored under ./userfiles/downloads/
Thanks for the comment. I will check.

FT4

Post by FT4 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:49 am

cmb wrote:
FT4 wrote:The only DOCTYPE is <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40/loose.dtd">
And even worse, there is whitespace before the <!DOCTYPE:

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40/loose.dtd"> 
That may switch a browser to quirks-mode which is highly undesireable. Have a look at your template, and replace the existing doctype with:

<!DOCTYPE html>
Thanks again. I'm too unexperienced to experiments on my own!