Responsive Template 'simpleXH2'

Please post the URLs to pages, where you've made a CMSimple template available for download

Moderator: mikey

kurtm

Responsive Template 'simpleXH2'

Post by kurtm » Thu Jul 16, 2015 1:54 am

Where can I get a copy of the 'simpleXH2' template used with the CMSimpleXH home site?
I would like to tailor it for my use but I can't find any links to it .

Thanks,
KurtM

svasti

Re: Responsive Template 'simpleXH2'

Post by svasti » Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:49 pm

simpleXH2 is the new template on cmsimple.org, as the old template was criticized by several posters as being too old fashioned :cry: .
Nice you like it :) .

Usually we don't give away our "official" templates, but I'd consider making a public version of it with different colors and without the links in the header and footer, and the html5 badge and XH logo.
You'd have to wait a little bit.

There is one point, which could be handled in different ways: the links in the header.
  • One could put the 1 level headings there (would work only if you have very few) and the remaining menu would be from 2nd level only.
  • One could also reserve the links to a newsbox, i.e. you would have to enter an unordered list of links into a hidden page, mabe called "headerlinks", and these links would appear as the head links (now CMSimple_XH Website, WIKI, Download, Forum, Demo).
  • Another possibility would be to break up the menu with some add-on php code, so that a part of the menu will be in the header and the main part would be used as the main menu. In this case you could even have a tertiary menu in the footer.

kurtm

Re: Responsive Template 'simpleXH2'

Post by kurtm » Sat Jul 18, 2015 2:50 am

Thanks svasti,
No need to do much for me as I always make major changes to the templates I use. My aim is to start with something that as closely as possible approximates my needs in functions. Simplifies life.

Responsive is the 'in-thing' now so key is the @media flow and menu (first and second level) looking good.

I still prefer horizontal menus so I'm usually limited in choices.

Thorsten Behrens has done a lot of good work on his offerings. Thanks!
Have fun!
kurtm