Welcome-Newsboxes Onepage Template

Please post the URLs to pages, where you've made a CMSimple template available for download

Moderator: mikey

Tata

Welcome-Newsboxes Onepage Template

Post by Tata » Fri Jul 01, 2016 8:53 pm

I have tried to make modern looking template for Onepage_XH. There are styled some pure CSS animations in it.
To create correct links to pages with "&" in headings, add in respective language files

Code: Select all

$tx['urichar']['new']="...|and|and";
$tx['urichar']['org']="...|&|&"; 
I would appreciate any comments and advises. Esp. styling of print, sitemap and mailform (These use full device width and I can't find the way to make them of the same width as the content. This, however, is achieved only by L/R padding.)
DEMO | DOWNLOAD
CMSimple.sk
It's no shame to ask for an answer if all efforts failed.
But it's awful to ask without any effort to find the answer yourself.

cmb

Re: Welcome-Newsboxes Onepage Template

Post by cmb » Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:10 pm

Tata wrote:I have tried to make modern looking template for Onepage_XH.
Nice! :)
Tata wrote:I would appreciate any comments and advises.
I've found the "hamburgers" before the headings somewhat confusing, as these are often used to indicate a touchable/clickable menu.
Tata wrote:Esp. styling of print, sitemap and mailform (These use full device width and I can't find the way to make them of the same width as the content. […])
These pages are special, and are not catered to by Onepage_XH at all. In my opinion, a sitemap doesn't make sense for a Onepager. The mailform can be embedded on a page ({{{mailform()}}}, and then will use the overall Onepage_XH styles. The print view is, well a document optimized for printing, so I don't see much sense in giving it a padding (would only require more paper). Having said this, you could use the usual CSS selectors for "normal" CMSimple(_XH) pages for these pages.
Christoph M. Becker – Plugins for CMSimple_XH

Tata

Post by Tata » Sat Jul 02, 2016 11:52 am

cmb wrote:Nice! :)
cmb wrote: I've found the "hamburgers" before the headings somewhat confusing, as these are often used to indicate a touchable/clickable menu.
This was my intention - welcome page withou navigation. On onepage you can scroll trougoh the entire content anyway. The hamburger opens the navigation, incl. social links. The News05 can be used for impressum, contacts, disclaimer, copyrights etc.
The sitemap is redundant in fact. I remove it, or replace with another function.
cmb wrote:...The mailform can be embedded on a page ({{{mailform()}}}, and then will use the overall Onepage_XH styles.
Of course, I knew about this. And maybe a plugin would be more proper for mailing from a webpage. I just tried to make a template usable as it is, without a need to install whatever else, or using additional plugins (for very beginner-users).
cmb wrote:...The print view is, well a document optimized for printing, so I don't see much sense in giving it a padding (would only require more paper).
That's a fact I haven't thought about. Having in stylesheet

body.print {width: 820px; margin:1rem auto;}
makes no difference in printed output, shows the preview in about the width of the real printout, however.

Actualized package is uploaded.
Changes:
The template has two template files (for OnePage and standard page without the OnePge plugin).

Some scripts have been included to make the browsing more comfortable.
DEMO | DOWNLOAD

BTW, does anybody have an idea as how to style the 4 DIVs with sliding backgrounds? There are many sliders available, but I haven't found any that would wotk with this template. Use of flexslider_XH is also possible and not very complicated. But I don't know how to get it working on the background.
CMSimple.sk

cmb

Post by cmb » Wed Jul 06, 2016 11:35 am

Tata wrote:
cmb wrote:I've found the "hamburgers" before the headings somewhat confusing, as these are often used to indicate a touchable/clickable menu.
This was my intention - welcome page withou navigation. On onepage you can scroll trougoh the entire content anyway. The hamburger opens the navigation, incl. social links. The News05 can be used for impressum, contacts, disclaimer, copyrights etc.
Yeah, I understand the purpose of the hambuger menu. However, I was referring to the same symbol being used at the left of each heading; this isn't clickable and serves only decorative purposes, but might be confusing for visitors.
Tata wrote:That's a fact I haven't thought about. Having in stylesheet

body.print {width: 820px; margin:1rem auto;}
makes no difference in printed output, shows the preview in about the width of the real printout, however.
Off the top of my head, I think that should work. Unfortunately, the demo is not usable currently, because of a fatal error. :?
Tata wrote:BTW, does anybody have an idea as how to style the 4 DIVs with sliding backgrounds?
That should be possible with CSS animations/transitions (which appear to have good support nowadays).
Christoph M. Becker – Plugins for CMSimple_XH

Der Zwerch

Post by Der Zwerch » Tue Jul 12, 2016 6:40 pm

Hallo,
Wahnsinn, grossartig.

Ich habe es gerade probiert und das Template ist der Hammer. Meinen Dank dafür.

Einzig 1 Problem habe ich noch:

*Im Menü gibt es ja die Pfeile für TOP und Buttom. Die scheinen nicht zu funktionieren. Jedenfalls bewirkt ein Klick nichts :(

Einen Schönen Abend zusammen :mrgreen:

Tata

Post by Tata » Tue Jul 12, 2016 9:04 pm

Dane, danke.
Die Pfeile dienen nur zum scrollen. Bei mir funktionieren sie aber. Noch habe ich folgendes geändert

h1:before{
	content: "\25A3";
	font-size: 2.6rem;
Also versucht noch mit der Breite und Padding unter /* *** RESPOSIVITY *** */ zu spielen

div.onepage_page {padding: 3em 5%;}
um die Breite effektiv zu nutzen.
Ich sehe aber, dass ich muss noch vieles am "Multipage" Template machen. Vielleicht morgen.
EDIT:
Es hat mich doch nicht in Ruhe gelassen. Neue versionen sind in Demo und Download aktualisiert. Aber bestimmt gibt es noch viel zu basteln.
CMSimple.sk

Der Zwerch

Post by Der Zwerch » Tue Jul 12, 2016 9:29 pm

Hallo,
Wo wäre die Änderung zu machen?

Keine Eile ... finde das Ergebnis bisher einfach geil :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Tata

Post by Tata » Tue Jul 12, 2016 9:37 pm

Es ist bereits hochgeladen. Nur unter "OnePage" Template sehe ich die weisse leere Zeile unter der obere graue Liste und kann nicht finden wovon die kommt.
Jetzt aber gute Nacht. In meinem Alter ist es schon die Zeit.
EDIT:
Guten Morgen. Gut geschlafen und ausgerastet einiges gefunden, dass mir nicht gefallen hat.
DEMO | DOWNLOAD
CMSimple.sk

Der Zwerch

Post by Der Zwerch » Wed Jul 13, 2016 8:14 am

Moin moin,
evtl ein ganz dummer Gedanke, aber ... da das Temlate ja noch in der "Verbesserung / Entwicklung" ist, wäre es möglich hinter der ZIP-Datei Versionsnummern zu vergeben?

Schöne Grüße,
Frank

Tata

Post by Tata » Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:26 am

Uf, dazu bin ich zu faul, und lade hoch immer nur die letzte Version. Aber ich kann versuchen daran zu gewöhnen, die Versiondateien schreiben zu beginnen.
CMSimple.sk