Realblog_XH

Third Party Plugins to CMSimple - how to install, use and create plugins

Moderator: Tata

cmb

Re: Realblog_XH

Post by cmb » Fri Feb 03, 2017 4:21 pm

Hi everybody!

I have just released Realblog_XH 3.0beta6.

I've fixed several bugs and made some enhancements.

Most notably, I've exchanged the old CSV storage format by an SQLite3 database. Note that SQLite3 isn't a database server, but rather an embedded engine that stores all data in a single file. Other than that you can't edit this file manually anymore, there are no further issues (i.e. it is not necessary to set up a database, and FTP transfer is supposed to work like before). Note that I'm planning to add support for exporting to and importing from CSV as soon as possible.

Also note that after updating the exisiting data from realblog.txt are supposed to automatically be imported to realblog.db, so there's no need for manually converting the data.

The big advantage of using a SQLite3 database is that there are no restrictions on the amount of articles anymore. Some quick tests suggests that even 100,000 articles can be handled with reasonable performace. Try that with former versions.

Further notable changes are the re-design of the search functionality, the pagination, and the category support. Categories can now be entered into a dedicated field in the article form, instead of having to be written as pseudo plugin call in the body. Note that the automatic conversion is supposed to cater to this change, too.

Note that the structure of the generated HTML, CSS classes and language strings have been changed. Therefore it is not recommended to use old customized stylesheets anymore. Instead start with the shipped stylesheet, and customize as desired. Also have a look at the changed language strings (probably it's best to treat them like customized stylesheets).

See also the full changelog for details.

3.0beta6 requires at least PHP 5.3.0 with the "sqlite3" and "filter" extensions and CMSimple_XH 1.6.3.

Especially, I want to thank frase for many helpful suggestions and bug reports (many of the former are still unresolved, but I'll do my best to deliver the next version in a much shorter period as has past since 3.0beta5).

Finally, note that development of Realblog_XH 3.0 is work in progress, and there will be a lot of further changes, so don't spend too much time with 3.0beta6.

Happy testing!
Christoph M. Becker – Plugins for CMSimple_XH

cmb

Post by cmb » Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:05 pm

Hi everybody!

I have just released Realblog_XH 3.0beta7.

This version mainly fixes an authorization vulnerability which allowed unauthenticated users to view unpublished articles. It is strongly recommended to update as soon as possible.

For details and further changes see the full changelog.

Exceptionally, there is also an update package available (only for 3.0beta6 → 3.0beta7).

cmb

Post by cmb » Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:55 pm

Hi everybody!

I have just released Realblog_XH 3.0beta8.

I've fixed multiple bugs and made a lot of improvements. For details see the changelog.

Caveat: due to fixing issue #71, the supposed names of the comment topics have changed. If you're using Twocents_XH as comment plugin you have to manually rename the comments files from comment*.csv to realblog*.csv (for instance, comments123.csv should become realblog123.csv); otherwise the comments wouldn't be properly recognized anymore.

Many thanks to Frank (frase) who made plenty of sensible suggestions, reported several bugs, and without whom Realblog_XH might have faded away.

I'm looking forward to your feedback!

Happy testing!

ajvangent

Post by ajvangent » Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:44 am

I am using template: fhs-opt2
And I like to use the plugin realblog_XH

When I use the preview and the full text mode... and click on the read more button the view of the website goes immediately to the top page, and the layout of the site changes.

This is also the case when I other elements in the realBlog plugin. Where do I need to look to change this?

you can check on www.sportduiven.nl and then the menu/topic De Week.

It will be a blog with about 20-25 entries per year.. And i have a history of a few years......

When you have another suggestion for another plugin or another way of doing this, please let me know. I really like the template...

frase

Post by frase » Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:13 am

Onepage plus Realblog, das kann nicht funktionieren. Leider :-(

Alle Aktionen, die eine neue Seite mit neuem Inhalt aufrufen, werden bei Onepagern Probleme haben.
Deshalb ist zum Beispiel das XH-Kontaktformular bei "fhs-op2" auch in einer Fancybox (iFrame).

Eine Möglichkeit wäre, wie du es schon versucht hast, die Blog-Beiträge in Accordions unterzubringen.
Da ist kein Seitenwechsel nötig.
20-25 Beiträge pro Jahr gehen vielleicht noch. Bei einem umfangreichen Archiv wird es aber wahrscheinlich zu viel.

cmb

Post by cmb » Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:30 am

frase wrote:Alle Aktionen, die eine neue Seite mit neuem Inhalt aufrufen, werden bei Onepagern Probleme haben.
Indeed.
ajvangent wrote:When you have another suggestion for another plugin or another way of doing this, please let me know. I really like the template...
Consider to build the blog manually, i.e. with normal CMSimple pages, as I've done with my little blog, and then use Expandcontract or acDIVs to show the articles on the blog page. Not sure, if that would work, though.
frase wrote:20-25 Beiträge pro Jahr gehen vielleicht noch. Bei einem umfangreichen Archiv wird es aber wahrscheinlich zu viel.
Yes, the amount of HTML to be delivered in a single request may be too much.

cmb

Post by cmb » Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:26 am

Hi everybody!

Realblog_XH 3.0beta9 has just been released.

This version is supposed to be compatible with CMSimple_XH 1.7.0. See the changelog for further details.

Enjoy!

bastingse

Post by bastingse » Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:51 am

I'm using this plugin a lot cause it works great!

Now i do wonder if the following is possible:
We can use categories and that works good for me! I'm using this code: {{{Realblog_blog(false, 'Category 1');}}}
On a archive page i do use this code: {{{Realblog_archive(false);}}} and it works perfect.

But soon as i archive an article it is not visible in that specific category.
Now i did try to use this code: {{{Realblog_archive(false, 'category 1');}}}
But unfortunately that isn't work (Realblog 3.0beta9)

Can this be solve with some easy coding???
Any help is much appreciated!

cmb

Post by cmb » Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:15 pm

bastingse wrote:But soon as i archive an article it is not visible in that specific category.
Now i did try to use this code: {{{Realblog_archive(false, 'category 1');}}}
But unfortunately that isn't work (Realblog 3.0beta9)

Can this be solve with some easy coding???
Unfortunately, not. It shouldn't be too hard to hack together a quick solution – but that would be, well, a hack. Presently, the actual blog and the archive are handled more differently than it appears to make sense. Particularly, the categories have been implemented as afterthought, and they are not supported for any of the other functionality except for Realblog_blog(). And there is even a yet open issue regarding completely separate blogs which appears to be rivaling to full category support. I'm not sure how to handle this best, but I'm certain that Realblog_XH still needs cleanup and consolidation, before new features should be introduced.

Getting more input about actual use-cases/requirements and thinking out of the box might be helpful! :)

bastingse

Post by bastingse » Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:03 am

Okay, that make sence. I'm gonna play around with categories and will help myself as far as possible. Thanks Christoph!!