Doubled entries in RealBlog

Third Party Plugins to CMSimple - how to install, use and create plugins

Moderator: Tata

Gert

Re: Doubled entries in RealBlog

Post by Gert » Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:20 pm

Yes, I have added some system checks, to all my plugins, without making new versions. My time is limited. But my plugins does not crash CMSimple_XH, like Christophs plugins doing with CMSimple. Just messages appears.

And yes, it's easy to remove this system checks, but consider: you do it on your own risk.

I'm not in the mood, and I have no time and no reason, to learn CMSimple_XH, just to make my plugins working safe and properly under CMSimple_XH,

Gert
Gert Ebersbach | CMSimple | Templates - Plugins - Services

Tata

Post by Tata » Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:46 pm

Well, Gert, thanks for your reply. Is it then OK, to remove the check leaving only the message there?
CMSimple.sk
It's no shame to ask for an answer if all efforts failed.
But it's awful to ask without any effort to find the answer yourself.

Gert

Post by Gert » Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:51 pm

Tata wrote:Well, Gert, thanks for your reply. Is it then OK, to remove the check leaving only the message there?
Hi Tata, the users are allowed to remove the system checks, and use my plugins with CMSimple_XH.

But they are doing this on their own risk, like always, if an user manipulates the core files,

Gert

cmb

Post by cmb » Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:02 pm

Gert wrote:But my plugins does not crash CMSimple_XH, like Christophs plugins doing with CMSimple. Just messages appears.
These plugins "crash" CMSimple and old CMSimple_XH versions at an early stage, as at least some of them would otherwise crash in the middle of their operation (because they are using functions that are not available in those versions) -- IMO it's fine for a user to notice the incompatibility directly after installation, when he hopefully has still his FTP client connected, and is able to uninstall the plugin in a second.
Gert wrote:I'm not in the mood, and I have no time and no reason, to learn CMSimple_XH, just to make my plugins working safe and properly under CMSimple_XH,
Understandable. However, you may consider to make your plugins safe under CMSimple 4.x; many of them have well known vulnerabilities, and so has CMSimple 4.x.
Tata wrote:Is it then OK, to remove the check leaving only the message there?
Realblog is GPL'd, so it's okay to modify it as you like. I'm already preparing a fork.
Christoph M. Becker – Plugins for CMSimple_XH

Gert

Post by Gert » Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:29 pm

cmb wrote:I'm already preparing a fork.
If you want to operate on this level - I also can :roll:

I have downloaded some of your plugins, some minutes ago. Here is a good place for forks of your plugins:

http://www.ge-webdesign.de/cmsimpleplug ... te_Plugins ;)
Last edited by Gert on Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Tata

Post by Tata » Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:31 pm

WEll, I made the modification and thing work well, My question was, if it is OK to remove only the check or the whole checking block incl. the message mentioning CMSimple v.4. I have no problem to leave any backlinks there as long as the functionality is there.
CMSimple.sk
It's no shame to ask for an answer if all efforts failed.
But it's awful to ask without any effort to find the answer yourself.

cmb

Post by cmb » Wed Jul 16, 2014 6:39 pm

Gert wrote:
cmb wrote:I'm already preparing a fork.
If you want to operate on this level - I also can :roll:
Well, you have said that you can't support CMSimple_XH, and users would have to remove the check on their own risk. Fair enough. However, as Realblog seems to be an important plugin, I'm willing to invest the time to keep it usable under CMSimple_XH -- without any particular inconvenience or risk for the users.
Gert wrote:I have downloaded some of your plugins, some minutes ago. Here is a good place for forks of your plugins:

http://www.ge-webdesign.de/cmsimpleplug ... te_Plugins ;)
Fine. If you like I can sent you dumps of my SVN repos or full exports of the last release, because currently I'm only offering the finished builds for download, which don't contain the test suites and the build.xml etc. Just drop me a note.
Christoph M. Becker – Plugins for CMSimple_XH