Third Party Plugins to CMSimple - how to install, use and create plugins

Moderator: Tata

svasti

Memberpages_XH 3.4 beta released

Post by svasti » Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:57 pm

Hi everybody,

Deutsch: Memberpages_XH 3.4 beta
or English: Memberpages_XH 3.4 beta

This beta version is for testing porposes only. Please test it and report possible errors so that the final version can be released soon.

New features:
  1. New easy updating method. The version for updating and the normal version are the same file! Just install the new version on top of the old one. The new version comes without config.php and memberlist. Click "Activate" and the plugin will look for an old config.php and memberlist and generate from this a new config.php.
    • I would propose to consider such a method also for updating CMSImple_XH: An activation routine would read old config values and generate the new configuration accordingly. The activation could even set file permissions if necessary.
  2. Temporary membership can be given with expiration date.
  3. No limit to memberlist, even with new php-Versions. After editing, only the editied data is send to the server, avoiding sending large amount of data.
  4. Ready for XH 1.6, Works also with XH 1.5 and Gert's CMSImple, however all subsites are treated the same.
Free for commercial use. Setting of memberpages via pagedata tabs, A Memberpages gets a big colored M on the tab, Members' Control Panel can now be disabled, etc.

svasti

cmb

Re: Memberpages_XH 3.4 beta released

Post by cmb » Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:01 pm

Hi svasti,

I have made some quick tests with a new installation. It works fine, from what I can tell.[1]
svasti wrote:Temporary membership can be given with expiration date.
I was not able to find this setting. Probably I've overlooked something.
svasti wrote:After editing, only the editied data is send to the server, avoiding sending large amount of data.
Your implementation is a very intriguing solution! :)
svasti wrote:all subsites are treated the same
I assume that's what most admins want: a centralized user management, instead of a separate user management for each subsite. And for users it's even better yet, IMHO: the have to log in only once.
svasti wrote:I would propose to consider such a method also for updating CMSImple_XH: [...]
This discussion might better be led in OD to not pollute this thread.

Christoph

PS: [1] There's a minor issue regarding commas: if a comma is inserted in the username (or another field?), the user record gets corrupted on saving (tested only with the CSV storage).
Last edited by cmb on Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: added PS
Christoph M. Becker – Plugins for CMSimple_XH

Gert

Post by Gert » Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:22 pm

cmb wrote:And for users it's even better yet, IMHO: the have to log in only once.
http://www.cmsimple.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=291

Gert
Gert Ebersbach | CMSimple | Templates - Plugins - Services

cmb

Post by cmb » Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:05 pm

Well, I doubt that CMSimple(...) is the right solution if someone really needs 11 subsites.

Anyway, I assume that Craig would be better off, if he uses a single member list. So a user can log in once for all subsites, but will be presented only those contents for which he has been granted access.

Gert

Post by Gert » Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:15 pm

cmb wrote:Well, I doubt that CMSimple(...) is the right solution if someone really needs 11 subsites.
Yes - it is ;)

For that CMSimple 4 was made,

Gert

cmb

Post by cmb » Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:48 pm

Gert wrote:Yes - it is ;)
If you say so...

svasti

Post by svasti » Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:51 pm

Hi Christoph,

thank you for your very useful feedback. Now Memberpages_XH 3.4 beta2 is out.
cmb wrote:I was not able to find this setting. Probably I've overlooked something.
May be too hidden. Now in beta2 "show expiration date" is preset as on (was preset as off in beta).
cmb wrote:PS: [1] There's a minor issue regarding commas: if a comma is inserted in the username (or another field?), the user record gets corrupted on saving (tested only with the CSV storage).
:oops: fixed... and on the way some possible strange user inputs fixed.

@ Gert:
I thought Memberpages could handle the 11 subsites well, as I explained in the thread. You would have to give the memberpages of every subsite a specific access level. The access mode should be set to access pages with SAME access value only. If you give members of subsite 2 the access level 2, they will be able to see the memberpages of their subsite, but not the memberpages of subsite 1 or subsite 3.

svasti

Gert

Post by Gert » Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:31 pm

svasti wrote:I thought Memberpages could handle the 11 subsites well, as I explained in the thread ...
Maybe, but with MembersArea you can have totally different data files for absolutely independent subsites, if you want.

MembersArea recognizes, if a file ./content/plugins/membersarea/userdata.php exists in the folder of the subsite or second language, and uses it, if exists. If the file not exists, the userdata.php of the main site (CMSimpleRoot) will be used.

Because CMSimple_XH has removed the subsites feature, I don't think that you will support it. That's the reason, why I have written an own plugin that fits for CMSimple and its subsites (multi client ability),

Gert

cmb

Post by cmb » Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:21 pm

svasti wrote:thank you for your very useful feedback.
You're welcome.
svasti wrote:May be too hidden. Now in beta2 "show expiration date" is preset as on (was preset as off in beta).
I guess I have not looked thoroughly enough. :oops:
Gert wrote:Because CMSimple_XH has removed the subsites feature, I don't think that you will support it.
The (limited) subsite feature of CMSimple_XH 1.5 is fully supported by Memberpages_XH (and Register_XH), if I'm not mistaken. The subsites of CMSimple 4 are quite different, however. There was a discussion about the subsite feature, and what we should do with it for XH 1.6; nobody suggested or voted to keep it resp. to switch to the CMSimple 4 subsite feature, so it was removed.

Anybody is invited to join the discussion about the development of CMSimple_XH. So if you're interested in keeping plugins compatible between CMSimple_XH and CMSimple 4, you can raise your voice and even vote (you do have voting karma). Unfortunately, there's no such opportunity regarding CMSimple 4; it seems to me that many changes just happen even without preannouncement and the chance to discuss them.

Gert

Post by Gert » Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:26 am

Hi Svasti,
Gert wrote:MembersArea recognizes, if a file ./content/plugins/membersarea/userdata.php exists in the folder of the subsite or second language, and uses it, if exists. If the file not exists, the userdata.php of the main site (CMSimpleRoot) will be used.
And here the code:

config.php

Code: Select all

$plugin_cf['membersarea']['data_path']="content/plugins/membersarea/userdata.php";
index.php

if(file_exists('./' . $plugin_cf['membersarea']['data_path']))
{
    $mapl_data_file = './' . $plugin_cf['membersarea']['data_path'];
}
else
{
    $mapl_data_file = $pth['folder']['base'] . $plugin_cf['membersarea']['data_path'];
}
As you can see: Very easy, and it does not disturb the normal functionality, if no data path/file is in the second language (or subsite).

You just have to want it ;)

Gert

PS: For an independent login for subsites and second languages you can use $sn in cookie names and session variables:

$_SESSION['mapl_userdata' . $sn] = '...';