Wellrad Item Manager

Third Party Plugins to CMSimple - how to install, use and create plugins

Moderator: Tata

Eddy

Wellrad Item Manager

Post by Eddy » Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:55 pm

Hi everyone,

Is it possible to adjust the Wellrad Plugin (or to insert an item amount manager) for it to show something like "SOLD" once the available amount of that item hits "0"?

For a better example of what I mean, let me explain... At the moment we can choose inside the plugin if the item is available or not manually. Now, if there is only 1 item of each product (like 1 old Papa Clock, 1 antique pocket watch, 1 rare hand watch, etc. e.g.) and you set the payment to be done over PayPal (for example), there is big conflict potential if 2 or 3 customers buy the item by transferring the money (let's say over night, while we are sleeping ;) ) before the webmaster is able to change the status of the item to "not available". A similar thing as "double booking", which can result in an unpleasant situation for everyone!

Thanks very much for your answers in advance!
Cheers,
Eddy

cmb

Re: Wellrad Item Manager

Post by cmb » Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:56 pm

Hi Eddy,
Eddy wrote:Now, if there is only 1 item of each product (like 1 old Papa Clock, 1 antique pocket watch, 1 rare hand watch, etc. e.g.) and you set the payment to be done over PayPal (for example), there is big conflict potential if 2 or 3 customers buy the item by transferring the money
A very good point! Unfortunately, Wellrad isn't able to handle that, and it seems to me that it's not so easy to implement.

You may consider sending an email to Martin (see help->about), as I'm not sure if Martin is watching the forum regularly.

Christoph
Christoph M. Becker – Plugins for CMSimple_XH

Eddy

Post by Eddy » Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:03 am

Hi Christoph!

Thanks for your answer and advice. I just sent him an E-Mail.

Cheers,
Eddy

Eddy

Post by Eddy » Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:08 am

Hi everybody,

The following is the amazingly quick answer I got from Martin and I am hoping this will "inspire" or motivate someone out there to adapt the code of this nice plugin in way that I can't.
Hi Eddy,

you are right: That is something that is really lacking and I have already thought about it. The products have a property "stock on hand", which is checked to be greater than 0 before displaying the product in the frontend. (In fact the radio buttons "available or not" just set the stock on hand to 0 or 1.) So there are only 2 steps to implement it.

1.update the $stockOnHand-property of the cart items when finishing the checkout
2.save the list of products (both in wrs_fronten_controller:finishCheckout())

And of course change the radio buttons in the backend to a normal text input.

That does not sound too hard to implement. But unfortunately I won't have the time to do it within the next weeks.

Cheers

Martin
It would be awesome if anybody could implement this solution in less than weeks! :)

Thanks to all of you for your support!
Cheers,

Eddy