calendar - recurring entries

Third Party Plugins to CMSimple - how to install, use and create plugins

Moderator: Tata

Arthur

calendar - recurring entries

Post by Arthur » Fri Jun 20, 2008 7:35 am

Hi @ all,

for a customer I installed the calendar plugin (v0.9). It works very well without problems but now my customer asked me if there is a possibility to make recurring entries. He has some entries with weekly or monthly iteration (for years!) and at present he has to put in every single date. He asked for a way to put it once and then to set the interval and all dates are set for the next two years (for example).

Thank you in davance!

Ciao Arthur

Hugorm

Re: calendar - recurring entries

Post by Hugorm » Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:43 am

It seems you want something like birthdays (###).

As I see the code '###' has many seperate segments in the code and may be difficult to copy.

I give the suggestion: Just to coppy/paste information into the eventfile and change the year. (Many entries of the same kind, but new year, even in advance). This may require much less work/time.

If you want same event on all Mondays (as ex.) without thinging about holydays etc. then the job require coding as far as I can see.

Arthur

Re: calendar - recurring entries

Post by Arthur » Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:07 pm

Hi Hugorm,

sorry for the late reply ...
Thank you for your answer. Yes, you are right, I need something like the birthday-function. There are events every Monday or every second Wednesday or every first Tuesday in a month or something like this.

It is for a group what is using some locations. And that everybody is able to check if the room he needs is free he can open the members-area and can have a look at the calendar. If it's free he can make his entry. And a lot of events are recurring events.

But to work with the eventfile is a first step to make it easier. Thank you!

I'm not sure what do you mean with your last sentence. Could you explain please?

Thank you in advance!

Ciao Arthur