Calendar_XH 1.4 released

Third Party Plugins to CMSimple - how to install, use and create plugins

Moderator: Tata

Ulrich

Re: Calendar_XH 1.4 released

Post by Ulrich » Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:02 pm

cmb wrote:Jewish? I found a rather big chunk of code to calculate jewish holidays.
I'd rather avoid being political when the topic is software development, but IMO that's something that should be seriously considered; see e.g. http://tro-hosting.de/stolpersteine/
You better try

http://tro-hosting.de/xh15

which has a more accurate layout than the url you listed.

Ulrich

taron

Post by taron » Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:42 am

Hi,

I try to install Calendar_XH 1.4rc but when I try to start the configuration via plugins I receive a blank website. Have anyone an idea what I have done wrong?
I use CMSimple_XH 1.5.3 Released: 2012-03-19 with PHP Version 4.4.6-3loc3.

Kind regards,
Joerg

svasti

Post by svasti » Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:39 am

Hi Joerg,

blank page means php is crashing... mostly because some function is used which isn't there. Can you put into your downloads-folder a file named "_XHdebug.txt" with the contents "6"? This switches the debug mode on and may give a clue of what the mistake is.

I assume that your CMSImple site is working all right and that a calendar view is visible, but that going to calendar via the backend produces a blank page, is that so?
How did you put calendar into your template? or on a page?

svasti

taron

Post by taron » Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:04 am

Hi svasti,

this is the debug output:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '&', expecting T_VARIABLE or '$' in /var/customers/webs/web2/plugins/calendar/includes/presets.php on line 74
svasti wrote:I assume that your CMSImple site is working all right and that a calendar view is visible, but that going to calendar via the backend produces a blank page, is that so?
How did you put calendar into your template? or on a page?

svasti
CMSImple is working all right, but this is the next question. How can I put the calender to a page or the template?
Forget this question. I found the help file. :oops: The calender is working on a page now.

Joerg

cmb

Post by cmb » Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:19 am

Hi Joerg, hi svasti,
taron wrote:Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '&', expecting T_VARIABLE or '$' in /var/customers/webs/web2/plugins/calendar/includes/presets.php on line 74
The statement is:

Code: Select all

foreach ($values as $key=>&$value) ... 
Referencing $value is not allowed in PHP4. Example #11 on http://php.net/manual/en/language.types.array.php presents a workaround.

@Joerg: even if CMSimple runs on PHP4, it's always better to use PHP5 (it's quite faster). Can't you change this in your providers web configuration?
taron wrote:How can I put the calender to a page or the template?
This is explained in the plugin help (plugins/calendar/help/help_en.htm) under "3. Putting Calendar on your page"

Christoph
Christoph M. Becker – Plugins for CMSimple_XH

taron

Post by taron » Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:42 am

Hi Christoph,

after changing to the workaround I can run the plugin. Thanks.

The Problem is, that I'am running a Chat and a Forum and they did not work with PHP5.
cmb wrote:@Joerg: even if CMSimple runs on PHP4, it's always better to use PHP5 (it's quite faster). Can't you change this in your providers web configuration?
Joerg

cmb

Post by cmb » Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:12 pm

Hi Joerg,
taron wrote:after changing to the workaround I can run the plugin. Thanks.
Thank you for the feedback -- so probably this is the only thing that has to be fixed for PHP4 compatibility in Calendar.
taron wrote:The Problem is, that I'am running a Chat and a Forum and they did not work with PHP5.
Ah, I see! So your choice, which CMS to use is probably quite restricted. AFAIK CMSimple_XH is one of the few currently developed CMSs, which don't require PHP5 or higher.

Christoph
Christoph M. Becker – Plugins for CMSimple_XH

svasti

Post by svasti » Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:11 pm

line 187 of presets.php needs the same change:

Code: Select all

foreach ($values as $key=>$value) if(isset($$value)) $values[$key] = $$value; else unset($values[$key]);
I'll change in in the final 1.4 version, which I hope to publish soon...
Again, thanx a lot, Christoph.
svasti

svasti

Post by svasti » Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:18 pm

Hi all,

just released Calendar 1.4 rc2

new: Holiday menu, and tiny little bits here and there.

Unfortunately ayaxfilemanager doesn't work with Calendar, when CKeditor is the editor. May be that can still be sorted out for the stable release.

Otherwise, hm, looking at Calendar, I'd rather like the next version to be simpler... on the one hand, on the other I'd like to add "week()" to give a display of one or more weeks (e.g. for yoga schools), and categories for events, and different types of holidays, i.e. official state holiday and other holidays. So complexity will increase. To make plugins for calendar seems to be a good idea, but I don't really have a clue how to do that.

svasti

Tata

Post by Tata » Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:51 pm

svasti wrote:To make plugins for calendar seems to be a good idea, but I don't really have a clue how to do that.
I have no clue how this should be done. But my understanding is about this:
1. Calendar plugin with the very basic calendar functionality - dates-links to the eventpage (maybe with anchors on it) - as it was with the very first versions.
2. all other functions/features in a separate file(files) called as basic function parameters (maybe only named by numbers - similar to kissgallery).
CMSimple.sk
It's no shame to ask for an answer if all efforts failed.
But it's awful to ask without any effort to find the answer yourself.