Calendar_XH 1.4 released

Third Party Plugins to CMSimple - how to install, use and create plugins

Moderator: Tata

cmb

Re: Calendar_XH 1.4 released

Post by cmb » Sun Apr 08, 2012 3:15 pm

Hi Josef,
oldnema wrote:Moderator please delete the thread
Please don't, as this is the announcement of Calendar 1.4 ;)

Christoph
Christoph M. Becker – Plugins for CMSimple_XH

simpleSolutions.dk

Post by simpleSolutions.dk » Fri May 11, 2012 7:08 pm

Hi svasti.

I need to expand the Calendar plugin with categories. The idea is that all events can be equipped with a selectable category and event list can subsequently display all or one selectable category. Categories may have their own colors which can be displayed in the calendar.
Category list (and the color list) may be maintained in the initial configuration file, and may be, for example, coma sepeareret list.

Is it an extension you will consider to develop as a part of the Calendar plugin or do I have to code myself?

svasti

Post by svasti » Sat May 12, 2012 9:32 am

Hi Jerry,
this is an interesting and good idea. I think this would also be a good opportunity to change the coding of the eventfiles. I was thinking of some kind of coding where the eventfile itself could contain (some? all?) field definitions, so that you could have as many fields as you like. Categories could be part of it.

The question is, how fast do you need it?

Calendar 1.4 is still in beta conditon... and I am working on the "release candidate" version (have found 2 small bugs in the beta version) So I would rather first release a stable 1.4 before working (huh? working??? playing!) on the next version... which may be called 2.0

svasti

simpleSolutions.dk

Post by simpleSolutions.dk » Sat May 12, 2012 1:11 pm

Hi svasti

There's no hurry, but I am sure I will need some solution at the end of this year.

tanavots

Post by tanavots » Sat May 19, 2012 3:12 pm

Tested Calendar 1.4 and found, that it not working inside template

Code: Select all

<?php echo calendar("","","PAGE"); ?>
when php server working in CGI mode. If server set API mode (PHP 5.2.17) calendar appear in template.
Tested also Calendar 1.2.9 and 1.3 beta 9 and both of them workin in CGI or API mode.
Is there some easy fix?

svasti

Post by svasti » Sat May 19, 2012 4:17 pm

Hi tanavots,
never thought that anybody would use that functions call, so it's not documented. I'll add documentation to the next version 1.4rc, which actually is ready.

Indeed this is something which has been changed in 1.4 from the old versions 0.5 - 1.2.9.

<?php echo calendar("","","PAGE"); ?>
"PAGE" denotes the page with the event list.

The old versions expect an urlencoded pagename including all higher level pages,
e.g." Start:News:Stories" or "Willkommen:Gr%C3%BC%C3%9Fe_an_alle"

The new version 1.4 takes either just the not urlencoded pagename (which should not occure twice),
e.g. "Stories" or "Grüße an alle" (I thought that makes things easier) or an urlencoded pagename starting with either "?" or "./",
e.g." ?Start:News:Stories" or "?Willkommen:Gr%C3%BC%C3%9Fe_an_alle"
("." allows linking to pages on subsites, e.g. "./en/?Hello:My_events")

Hope you can manage with that.
New calendar version is coming soon.

svasti

tanavots

Post by tanavots » Sat May 19, 2012 5:04 pm

Thanks!
I used old template, with old function call.
Still function call in 1.4 manual

<?php echo calendar(); ?>
or

<?php echo  multicalendar(); ?>
leads same result - no calendar show up.
But lets wait 1.4rc.

svasti

Post by svasti » Sat May 19, 2012 6:41 pm

Hi tanavots:
tanavots wrote:no calendar show up.
this is strange. The new version will probalby not change anything, because there is not much change to the beta version (which was quite stable, already being tested by several people).
I have no clue why it doesn't work on your site.
Which version of CMSimple do you use? Which plugins? Does Calendar 1.2.9 work?
svasti

tanavots

Post by tanavots » Sat May 19, 2012 8:22 pm

I have
•CMSimple_XH 1.5.3 Released: 2012-03-19
PHP-Version
•5.4.2 (can use also lower versions) --> not working with this version (mode CGI)
•5.2.17 --> working fine (mode API)
Of course I can use server in API mode, but still...
All calendar versions up to 1.3 beta 9 working fine with both server PHP settings.

One more thing found related with (realblog) internal links. If I use links according to manual

?NEWS&realblogaction=view&realblogID=103&page=1
. On calendar it will show up as

?NEWS%26realblogaction%3Dview%26realblogID%3D103%26page%3D1

And if I may do one suggestion. In event editor is field Location. Is it possible to link it with Google Maps? For example as icon.

Best

svasti

Post by svasti » Sun May 20, 2012 8:16 am

Oops, that's big. :shock:

(1) I am not really knowledgeable about php... :? I hope somebody else could shed some light on API vs CGI mode here...

(2)
tanavots wrote:One more thing found related with (realblog) internal links.
Too bad, I just checked again... it depends on the browser. In firefox it works, but not in IE, because IE doesn't urldecode. I'll see to correct this in the plugin. At least here I understand what's going wrong.

(3)
tanavots wrote:field Location. Is it possible to link it with Google Maps? For example as icon.
"Location" is just a possible name of a field. The possibility of placing an icon would need a new structure of the data file. The next version probably will have this, as also Jerry was asking for event categories, which also need new structure.

Ok, three things:
the first I don't understand, the second I'll try to fix, the third I'll keep for the future.

svasti