Third Party Plugins to CMSimple - how to install, use and create plugins

Moderator: Tata

Korvell

Re: Slideshow_XH

Post by Korvell » Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:05 pm

Tata wrote:Or maybe a new variable in config.php:

Code: Select all

$plugin_cf['imagescroller']['navig']="0"; //0 = hide, 1 = show
That would be nice. But I think I would prefer an extra option in the call of the plugin so you can control it on individual scrollers...

cmb

Post by cmb » Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:14 pm

Korvell wrote:If I would need the original Imagescroller_XH plugin functionality somewhere else on my site - could I then simply make a copy of the plugin folder and name it differently?
No, that won't work, because of name clashes. You might be able to do a global search&replace on the plugin files.
Tata wrote:Or maybe a new variable in config.php:

$plugin_cf['imagescroller']['navig']="0"; //0 = hide, 1 = show
Something like this is generally preferable. If you want to be able to use Imagescroller with and without navigation (resp. shuffle) on the same installation, you'll have to make it a parameter of imagescroller(). This would be easy to implement regarding the suffling, but wrt. the navigation, it's harder. The easiest solution I can think of, is to have an additional set of transparent images (...-transparent.png), and than modify index.php:

function imagescroller($path, $hideNavigation = false) {
    $img = $pth['folder']['plugins'].'imagescroller/images/'.$name.($hideNavigation ? '-transparent' : '').'.png';
} 
(and undo the replacement of "show" with "hide")

When the navigation should be hidden, use:

{{{PLUGIN:imagescroller(..., true);}}}
Christoph M. Becker – Plugins for CMSimple_XH

Korvell

Post by Korvell » Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:34 pm

Nice - that was an easy modification and it works good. Although I changed the default behavior to not show control and have to enter the option "1/true" in the call to show controls.

Thanks again :)

PS: Just noticed, that this discussion actually is in the wrong thread - should maybe have been continued in the Imagescroller thread.

PSS: Noticed that if I place my mouse curser on the right edge of the image shown in the scroller, then I can see (and click) on the link for the next image before it is really shown... (should I repost this issue in the other thread?)

cmb

Re: Imagescroller_XH

Post by cmb » Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:55 pm

Korvell wrote:PS: Just noticed, that this discussion actually is in the wrong thread - should maybe have been continued in the Imagescroller thread.
Thanks for the hint. I have moved the posts now.
Korvell wrote:PSS: Noticed that if I place my mouse curser on the right edge of the image shown in the scroller, then I can see (and click) on the link for the next image before it is really shown...
Hm, not sure if I understand you. Can you please post a link to an online demo where you experience this behavior?

Korvell

Post by Korvell » Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:50 pm

Sure:
http://www.houhavnefest.dk/
If you place the mouse cursor just about 1 pixel to the right of the right border in the scroller you should see the link for the next image in your browsers statusbar and if you click it opens...

cmb

Post by cmb » Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:04 pm

Korvell wrote:If you place the mouse cursor just about 1 pixel to the right of the right border in the scroller you should see the link for the next image in your browsers statusbar and if you click it opens...
Indeed, there is exactly a single row of pixels that work this way. I'm not really sure, why that is, but the following quick-fix in index.php (function imagescroller()) should solve the issue:

$o = '<div class="imagescroller_container" style="width: '.$width.'px; height: '.$height.'px">'."\n"
        .'<div class="imagescroller" style="width: '.($width-1).'px; height: '.$height.'px">'."\n"
        .'<ul style="width: '.count($imgs) * $width.'px; height: '.$height.'px">'."\n";

Korvell

Post by Korvell » Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:57 pm

That unfortunately cuts off the rightmost column of pixels of my images - I have this thin 1px border around the images...
I'll leave it as is for now. But thx :)

cmb

Post by cmb » Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:32 pm

Korvell wrote:That unfortunately cuts off the rightmost column of pixels of my images - I have this thin 1px border around the images...
O, I see.

However, I do not understand what is happening there. It's getting totally weird, when I zoom the page. Instead of having one or more rows of pixels where I can access the next link, I cannot do it at all.

Furthermore this issue seems to happen only in Chrome, but not in Firefox and IE11, so it might be a bug in the current Blink engine.

Korvell

Post by Korvell » Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:50 pm

cmb wrote:... Furthermore this issue seems to happen only in Chrome, but not in Firefox and IE11, so it might be a bug in the current Blink engine.
I would agree to that. Tested it in the old and new Opera (new Opera uses the Blink engine) and the "bug" is only present in the new version...

Korvell

Post by Korvell » Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:03 am

I'm recently getting "undefined offset" errors when I'm logged in:

[ external image ]

What might be causing it?

Running versions:
CMSimple_XH v 1.6.6
Imagescroller_XH v 1 beta 1