Imagescroller_XH

Third Party Plugins to CMSimple - how to install, use and create plugins

Moderator: Tata

cmb

Imagescroller_XH

Post by cmb » Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:39 pm

Hello Community,

I've just release Imagescroller_XH. It's available from my website.

Imagescroller_XH facilitates displaying a scrolling slideshow of images (optionally with links and with a description). It has no back-end functionality to manage the galleries. Instead the images have to be uploaded via FTP or the CMSimple file manager. Additional information for the links and the description has to be entered manually in a special text file. If you want to edit this file from CMSimple_XH's back-end, you can use Ajaxfilemanager_XH, which also allows resizing the images online.

Imagescroller_XH couldn't be tested so far in various environments. It is a so called BETA version. Use with caution!

Any feedback is welcome.

Christoph
Christoph M. Becker – Plugins for CMSimple_XH

oldnema

Re: Imagescroller_XH

Post by oldnema » Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:06 am

Yep, we modify the plugin;-)
In one western film was said: "I ​​shall return and come with me the law". ;)
Nobody knows how much time he has left ...
http://oldnema.compsys.cz/en/?Demo_templates

tanavots

Post by tanavots » Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:03 am

A few weeks ago I was looking for such a plugin. Now I had time to test it and the one thing that I miss is that the photos could be open by Lightbox. So I made a small change in the code

Code: Select all

.(!empty($url) ? '<a href="'.$url.'" rel="lightbox[photo]">' : '')
	    .tag('img src="'.$fn.'" alt="" width="'.$width.'" height="'.$height.'"')
	    .(!empty($url) ? '</a>' : '');
    if (!empty($title) || !empty($desc)) {
	$o .= '<div class="imagescroller_info">'
		.'<h6>'
		.(!empty($url) ? '<a href="'.$url.'" rel="lightbox[photo1]">' : '')
All working fine with lightbox 2.05, but it seems, that the lightbox 2.5 jQuery plugin code conflict with plugin one. Unfortunately, I'm not familiar with js. Is there any way to get the Lightbox 2.5 work with Imagescroller?

cmb

Post by cmb » Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:26 am

Hi Alo,

I had not included the code to activate a lightbox to Imagescroller_XH as it's possible to set arbitrary links for the images, which would conflict with the lightbox. But if you link to the image (or a larger variant) your modifications are quite nice, and probably interesting for others too. Thanks for sharing :)
tanavots wrote:Is there any way to get the Lightbox 2.5 work with Imagescroller?
I guess that's simple: just don't include the jquery library, as it's already included by Imagescroller_XH. I.e. skip the following line:

<script src="js/jquery-1.7.2.min.js"></script>
And generally, if you need jQuery, you should use jQuery4CMSimple, which comes bundled with CMSimple_XH since 1.4.1, to avoid conflicts. The simplest way to activate jQuery4CMSimple is to set its autoload option to 1.

Christoph

tanavots

Post by tanavots » Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:15 am

Thanks for quick response!
cmb wrote: I guess that's simple: just don't include the jquery library, as it's already included by Imagescroller_XH. I.e. skip the following line:

<script src="js/jquery-1.7.2.min.js"></script>
Unfortunately, then lightbox not working any more.
cmb wrote: And generally, if you need jQuery, you should use jQuery4CMSimple, which comes bundled with CMSimple_XH since 1.4.1, to avoid conflicts. The simplest way to activate jQuery4CMSimple is to set its autoload option to 1.
Sorry, forgot to mention, I use CMSimple_XH 1.5.3 with jQuery for CMSimple v. 1.3.1. Set jQuery4CMSimple to autoload, but nothing changed. Without jquery-1.7.2.min.js photo opens as usual and with jquery-1.7.2.min.js scrolling not working. :(

cmb

Post by cmb » Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:22 am

Hi Alo,

I forgot to mention, that the order of the scripts in the <head> is important:

<head>
<?php echo head();?>
<script src="js/lightbox.js"></script>
<link href="css/lightbox.css" rel="stylesheet" />
</head>
Christoph

tanavots

Post by tanavots » Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:54 am

Hey Christoph,
cmb wrote:I forgot to mention, that the order of the scripts in the <head> is important:
Yes, I have so, but still lightbox effect not appear. With FF lightbox effect appear, but can't close or select next photo. Tested even with other page, but still can't figure out, what wrong.

cmb

Post by cmb » Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:23 am

Hi Alo,

now I have tested it: indeed, lightbox 2.5 doesn't work. The problem is that it's using features available only in jquery 1.7, but jQuery4CMSimple ships with jQuery 1.6.4.

As a quick workaround, you can put jquery-1.7.2.min.js to plugins/jquery/lib/jquery/ and name it jquery-1.6.4.min.js. This might give troubles with other plugins using jQueryUI though.

Christoph

maeg

Post by maeg » Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:28 pm

Hi

I have a littel problem with Imagescroller_XH. :(

On one of my websites "www.maegaard.org" i use Imagescroller_XH. I call it from the template like this

<?php echo imagescroller('./images/top');?>
But ofcouse it give me a problen when i use multilanguages - in the other languages i need a "." more in the code.

Is there a easy way to soloved that

I hope you understand what i mean!

cmb

Post by cmb » Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:58 pm

Hi maeg,

you can use $pth['folder']['images'] for this purpose:

<?php echo imagescroller($pth['folder']['images'].'top');?>
I guess, I should add this to the manual. I'm not sure yet, if this works for CMSimple scripting/the plugin call too. And probably it's even better, to do this automatically (so the path has to be specified as relative to the CMSimple root folder).

Christoph