Fotogalerie - external links on image description

Third Party Plugins to CMSimple - how to install, use and create plugins

Moderator: Tata

amccorm

Fotogalerie - external links on image description

Post by amccorm » Wed Nov 02, 2011 2:52 pm

Hi there, 1st off what a great community of people, and I love cmSimple

I have installed the Fotogalerie for CMSimple_XH 1.4.2 Build: 2011073101 and I love it, I would however like to have a link to an external page in the gallery images if possible, or is there another gallery that this is an option on. I really like the lightbox option of fotogalerie however.
I have tried to a href in the description and it doesn't seem to want to work, and in the gallery admin when it is clicked to edit the image and description it takes me to the external page lol.

Thanks for the tips

cmb

Re: Fotogalerie - external links on image description

Post by cmb » Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:59 pm

Hi AMcCorm,

basically it's possible to have links in the description. Just enter:

Code: Select all

A nice image, see <a href='http://www.google.com/imghp'>others</a> too.
It's important to use ' for the href, and not ". This will work even in the back-end (although it will produce invalid (X)HTML). Click on "A nice image, see" and you go to the image details, click on "others" and you go to google.

You can even have the full description linked, e.g.:

Code: Select all

<a href='http://www.example.com/'>An example</a>
but then you can't navigate to the image details in the back-end any more.

Alternatively you can have a look at lb_Gallery. It has lightboxes too, but I don't know, if you can have any links inside the lightbox.

Christoph
Christoph M. Becker – Plugins for CMSimple_XH

Holger
Site Admin

Post by Holger » Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:07 am

cmb wrote:Alternatively you can have a look at lb_Gallery. It has lightboxes too, but I don't know, if you can have any links inside the lightbox.
Yes, it's prepared to use Links in Lightboxes. See here for an example with FancyBox: http://cmsimple.holgerirmler.de/?Plugin ... r_CMSimple (click the second demo-image).
Or here for an example of unlimited HTML inside the FancyBox, created with the editor in the Backend of lb_Gallery...

KR
Holger

Termin

Post by Termin » Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:58 am

Hello,

If you want that you have not had a duplicate pages, repeating the meta tags, title - categorically cannot be used Gallery plug-in. :geek:
Here is an example looks like one page.

/?CMSimple

/?CMSimple&page=0
/?CMSimple&pic=3&page=0
/?CMSimple&pic=7&page=0
/?CMSimple&action=addcomment&pic=3&page=0

Yes, this is a one page site with 4 duplicates. :o

Holger
Site Admin

Post by Holger » Thu Nov 24, 2011 12:09 pm

Hi Termin,
Termin wrote:If you want that you have not had a duplicate pages, repeating the meta tags, title - categorically cannot be used Gallery plug-in. :geek:
:roll: Sorry, correct is "categorically not use the most php-based plugins /applications"

Looking on your posts, it seems you are the SEO-Expert! Looking on your homepage, I see PageRank 2 :shock:

If you really think, that things like the quoted above, will harm so much, you can't use almost every common php - application with user-interaction.
And I ask myself why you ask about support on Commets_XH in another thread, because even this plugin adds parameters like "&param=" to the url.
So you'll get much more duplicate content...

I really don't like such "categoricaly" statements. Can you give an example where a website after the installation of such a plugin got problems with google... ? I think you can't...

KR
Holger

cmb

Post by cmb » Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:12 pm

Hello Victor, hello Holger,

IMO it's important to distinguish between two types of query parameters: (a) those that will give duplicate content, and (b) those that don't.

Consider a paginated (not by JS, but by PHP) gallery. Different pages with different pictures will be shown depending on the parameter "page". So this parameter is of type "b". If you insert a canonical tag in all those pages, that would ignore the "page" parameter, would IMO be cheating.

OTOH consider a parameter "pic" that will only mark the picture the user had selected last. This parameter is of type "a", because that parameter might not change the output at all or only slightly by highlighting the picture. So IMO this has to be regarded as duplicate content, and might better be avoided.
Holger wrote:correct is "categorically not use the most php-based plugins /applications"
I would say: correct is "categorically not use the most php-based plugins /applications", without having the right canonical tags. The "right" canonical tag should suppress query parameters of type "a", but include query parameters of type "b" IMO. But how could this be done for a CMS with different plugins, when it's not clear which parameters should be suppressed for the canonical tag?

Christoph

PS: Victor probably isn't interested in google's page rank, but in yandex' ranking.
Christoph M. Becker – Plugins for CMSimple_XH

Termin

Post by Termin » Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:29 am

Hello Holger,

Sorry, I'm not who did not want to offend, maybe the error of an interpreter. I repeat for insurance: If you do not want to duplicate pages, you cannot use this plugin. I think if you replace the & sign at # the duplicates of the pages will not be indexed as duplicates with duplicate meta tags.

Look at my robot txt, and tell me why I need it, I figuratively. While I was 7 months do not use this plugin.

PS. Put it this way: everything that relates to the shortcomings of plug-ins that will be described on my website in the Russian language.

Viktor