Ajaxfilemanager_XH

Third Party Plugins to CMSimple - how to install, use and create plugins

Moderator: Tata

cmb

Re: Ajaxfilemanager_XH

Post by cmb » Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:50 pm

Hi Frank,
svasti wrote:I mean CMSimple_XH 1.1.2 etc. It had Tiny mce plus Ajax file manager, but the editing part didn't work. CMSimpleSE also had it.
I thought CMSimple_XH was distributed with integrated FCKeditor4CMSimple from the beginning. :?

BTW: the problem with the image editor of the Ajaxfilemanager as distributed by http://www.phpletter.com/ are the short tags (<? instead of <php). I've just replaced them. ;)

Christoph
Christoph M. Becker – Plugins for CMSimple_XH

cmb

Post by cmb » Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:14 pm

Hi Frank,
svasti wrote:in config I would like to have:
start the file manager with full page always
A reasonable request indeed! So I tried again to implement a fullscreen mode, because my former tries to do it didn't work quite well due to the new admin menu of CMSimple_XH 1.5. But it had to be possible, because it is possible for hi_kcfinder. So I took it's code and changed it a bit for Ajaxfilemanager. But it didn't work with Ajaxfilemanagers rather old jquery version (1.2.1!). So I've updated to the newest jQuery, and the fullscreen mode worked smoothly. :D

Then I wanted to see an image in the preview, but it didn't show up! The problem is the rather old thickbox (latest version more than 4 years old!) So I switched to Colorbox. The basic image preview now worked, but e.g. the info box didn't. Well, I've ignored that for the moment and had a look at the clipboard functions. But those were broken too, because of several jQuery selectors, that didn't work any more (seems the syntax has changed slightly). I've corrected the selector expressions, but then the clipboard ajax' threw an error! It took me quite a while to figure out, that the new JSON parser isn't as liberal as the old one was ...

IOW: the update of the Ajaxfilemanager to newest jquery seems to be a major undertaking, and right now I'm not quite convinced, that it's worth the effort. But without the update I foresee problems with new browser versions. :cry:

Christoph

svasti

Post by svasti » Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:30 pm

Hi Christoph,
yeah, I also thought that there was some pretty old code in ajayfilemanager and that updating would be quite something. You have to update the code in all corners, wow.
Anyhow, I would be interested in the Plugin and would be thankful, if you'd do it. What should I say? Please, please, please,...

Hopefully some more users join this thread and express their desire for an update of ajaxfilemanager. :) 8-) :ugeek:

svasti

cmb

Post by cmb » Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:39 pm

Hi Frank,
svasti wrote:there was some pretty old code in ajayfilemanager
Indeed. The latest version released by phpletter.com is Final 1.0 from March(?) 2011. But it seems that several components were not updated since the beginning of the project (2007). I've already had to update the text editor to the newest version (but this project seems already dead since nearly 2 years), because it didn't work with Chrome. And yes, the styling looks quite a bit outdated.
svasti wrote:Hopefully some more users join this thread and express their desire for an update of ajaxfilemanager
A petition from 1000+ users will definitely suffice. ;)

Christoph

svasti

Post by svasti » Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:33 pm

Hi Christoph,

so many nice plugins... on 3.magi.net. The oldest in the timeline is Ajaxfilemanger. I am thinking of writing a loop to join CMSimpleforum with a thousand names in order to fulfill the condition:
cmb wrote:A petition from 1000+ users will definitely suffice. ;)
Ah, Holger may not like that loop.
svasti

cmb

Post by cmb » Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:03 pm

Hi Frank,
svasti wrote:The oldest in the timeline is Ajaxfilemanger.
That's not quite right: some are even older (Cryptographp_XH e.g., which still doesn't work for Advancedform_XH), so I removed them from the "news". Just yesterday I finished Codeeditor_XH 1beta1, which was even older -- and this was a plugin I developed with some kind of self interest: I'm using it to edit the content on 3-magi.net. And there are some other plugins I'm testing since some time, that could be released, if I find time to improve them (and write the manual). Furthermore I have to write some plugins, I'll need in the not too distant future... Guess I should hire some developers. :lol:

But you're right: an update of Ajaxfilemanager should be available soon. And it probably will. But one of the most urgent things I have to add to Ajaxfilemanager will be the integration of CKeditor (might not take long -- but I had no look at it yet). I'll see which of your suggestions I can implement without too much effort. The others will have to wait -- sorry.

Christoph

cmb

Post by cmb » Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:14 pm

Hello community,

I've just released Ajaxfilemanager_XH 1beta2. You can download it from my website.

Ajaxfilemanager_XH is a replacement for the default filemanager of CMSimple_XH. It facilitates the management of files and sub-folders in the configured images, downloads, media and userfiles folders. You can rename, copy, move and delete sub-folders and files, create new sub-folders, and upload, download and preview files. Even editing of text files and images is integrated.

From CMSimple_XH 1.5 on Ajaxfilemanager_XH can be used from the internal editor to insert download links, images and media.

Ajaxfilemanager_XH couldn't be tested so far in various environments. It is a so called BETA version. Use with caution!

From the changelog:
cmb updated to jQuery 1.7.1
cmb implemented fullscreen mode for standalone filemanager (default is configurable)
cmb switched from thickbox to colorbox
cmb fixed erroneous ajax JSON returns
cmb changed the mode menu of the image editor (inspired by svasti)
cmb remove confirmation for closing image editor, if image is already saved (suggested by svasti)
cmb fixed save as in image editor (reported by svasti)
cmb added config for pagination limit (suggested by svasti)
cmb changed indexes of session variable for compatibility with register_globals
cmb added czech translation (contributed by oldnema)
cmb made several minor improvements
cmb extended copyright to 2012
cmb updated manual accordingly
cmb cleaned up some code

Some remarks are in place: despite the fact that PHPLetter released a security fix in November 2011 (which I haven't integrated, as there were 2 fixes, one not related to CMSimple and the other already fixed for Ajaxfilemanager_XH 1beta1), I'm quite convinced now, that the project was virtually abadoned long (probably 4 years) ago. I've already explained the problems I had with several rather old components used by Ajax File Manager. So I had basically two choices: either abandon Ajaxfilemanager_XH or updating the old components and fixing the resulting problems in Ajax File Manager by myself. Due to the incredible number of petitions to improve Ajaxfilemanager_XH (actually 2 by svasti), I've chosen the latter. The current version reflects only the first step. I've only made minor improvements, because the updates and related fixes took already quite some time. So, if 1beta1 is working fine for you, there's no need to update to 1beta2. In the next days and weeks (and probably months) I will try to add further improvements (several TODOs are already included in the changelog). The hardest part will probably be getting acquainted to a relatively large codebase written by somebody else. The actual improvements might be not too much work, as I found out while studying the code, that Logan Cai had already some nice additions in mind, and had prepared some code accordingly.

@Frank: I have fixed some of the issues you've reported ("Save As" is working now; no confirmation on closing the window, if the changes were already saved; improved modes menu; added the 2 config options). Some of the issues are gone, or at least I wasn't able to reproduce them after my changes (rotating works as expected; and BTW: Undo saves automatically, so the save button is disabled afterwards). And I postponed the other suggestions: copying to the same folder still is not possible (workaround: create a temp folder, copy to this, rename the files and copy back); no sharpening of the images on resize, as this will be possible only with PHP > 5.1 and might better be introduced as a separate functionality; and I didn't implement an automatic refresh as it seems, that its necessity depends somewhat on the browser, and pressing F5 might serve as viable workaround (at least for now).

Any further feedback is welcome.

Christoph

svasti

Post by svasti » Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:16 pm

Hallo Christoph,

very nice, thank you for your work. I tried it out and it worked nicely on my xampp. ---- but not on a test installation. :? Strange...
Have a look: http://test.fromwithin.eu
the temporary password is "danke" but not in German, ha ha, would be too easy.

I didn't understand how to install the Ajayfilemanager from your help file and tried out different entries: ajaxfilemanager, ajaxfilemanager_xh, Ajaxfilemanager --- this worked on my xampp but not on the server.

svasti

cmb

Post by cmb » Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:40 pm

Hi Franks,

thanks for testing. :)
svasti wrote:I didn't understand how to install the Ajayfilemanager from your help file and tried out different entries: ajaxfilemanager, ajaxfilemanager_xh, Ajaxfilemanager
Is it really hard to understand? :? How could it be improved? I'm grateful for suggestions.
  • Unzip the distribution on your computer.
  • Upload the whole directory ajaxfilemanager/ to your server into the CMSimple_XH plugins directory.
After (1) you have a folder ajaxfilemanager/. This has to go inside plugins/. But that seems to be ok on your server.
svasti wrote:the temporary password is "danke" but not in German, ha ha, would be too easy.
Hmm, seems I'm not able to solve the riddle. I'll send a PM -- might be better for exchanging password anyway.

Christoph

PS:
svasti wrote:I didn't understand how to install the Ajayfilemanager from your help file and tried out different entries: ajaxfilemanager, ajaxfilemanager_xh, Ajaxfilemanager
After having a look on your server, I understand what you've meant. It is about the "external filebrowser" setting. I've forgot to document that in the manual :oops: Thanks for pointing out this issue. On case sensitive file systems this has to be: "ajaxfilemanager" (same as the installation folder).
Last edited by cmb on Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

svasti

Post by svasti » Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:03 pm

Hallo Christoph,

may be you could add to the installation instructions something like:

6. To use Ajaxfilemanager as filebrowser in the image dialog of your editor, enter in
Settings>CMS>Filebrowser>external: Ajaxfilemanager

It wasn't quite clear to me, if I have to use upper case or not in this case.

svasti