Ajaxfilemanager_XH

Third Party Plugins to CMSimple - how to install, use and create plugins

Moderator: Tata

cmb

Ajaxfilemanager_XH

Post by cmb » Sun Oct 09, 2011 12:33 pm

Hello community,

I've just released Ajaxfilemanager_XH 1dev1. You can download it from my website.

Ajaxfilemanager_XH is a replacement for the default filemanager of CMSimple_XH. It features the management of files and sub-folders in the configured images, downloads and userfiles folders. You can rename, copy, move and delete sub-folders and files, create new sub-folders, and upload, download and preview files. Even editing of text files and images is integrated.

Currently no binding to any CMSimple_XH editor exists, so you can't use Ajaxfilemanager_XH for inserting images or links to pages.

Ajaxfilemanager_XH is currently distributed as a development preview, primarily intended for integrators of editors for CMSimple_XH to prepare the use of this file manager.

In the current state there might be security issues regarding file management from outside the CMSimple back-end. So you are strongly advised not to use Ajaxfilemanager_XH on a public accessible server.

Any feedback is welcome.

Christoph
Christoph M. Becker – Plugins for CMSimple_XH

cmb

Re: Ajaxfilemanager_XH

Post by cmb » Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:47 pm

Hello community,

I've just released Ajaxfilemanager_XH 1beta1. You can download it from my website.

Ajaxfilemanager_XH is a replacement for the default filemanager of CMSimple_XH. It facilitates the management of files and sub-folders in the configured images, downloads, media and userfiles folders. You can rename, copy, move and delete sub-folders and files, create new sub-folders, and upload, download and preview files. Even editing of text files and images is integrated.

From CMSimple_XH 1.5 on Ajaxfilemanager_XH can be used from the internal editor to insert download links, images and media.

Ajaxfilemanager_XH couldn't be tested so far in various environments. It is a so called BETA version. Use with caution!

Any feedback is welcome.

Christoph

maeg

Post by maeg » Fri Oct 28, 2011 5:34 am

Hi Christoph

Link don't work

cmb

Post by cmb » Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:32 am

Hi Maeg,

I've just tried to insert a link to a document in the downloads folder from tinyMCE under Chrome15. That works.

To insert the link, you have to double click the file. If it still doesn't work for you, please give some more details, what doesn't work (the file is not shown in the browser, the wrong link is inserted, etc.) and tell me which browser you use.

Christoph

maeg

Post by maeg » Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:38 am

Hi

It was the link to your website that did not work, but now i can see it up agen.

One of the days, i'll send you a danish lang file to the manager when i get time to write it

cmb

Post by cmb » Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:52 am

Hi Maeg,
maeg wrote:It was the link to your website that did not work
Oh, I see. Don't know what was wrong.
maeg wrote:One of the days, i'll send you a danish lang file to the manager when i get time to write it
That will be very nice, but you should wait until I've done the german translation, as I've delayed it, because some strings might change or will be added. And it's quite a big language file :(

Christoph

maeg

Post by maeg » Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:50 am

Hi

cmb wrote: That will be very nice, but you should wait until I've done the german translation, as I've delayed it, because some strings might change or will be added. And it's quite a big language file :(
Yes ofcourse - just send me a pm when it is ready

svasti

Post by svasti » Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:39 pm

Hi Christoph,

Just did some testing of your nice ajax file manager. Well, very very nice! Very nice that one can upload images right from a digital camera and do the cropping in the plugin!

My testing so far:
Copy & Paste --- the usage of the windows world is not followed and this may irritate some users. One cannot copy myimage.jpg to the same folder. Would be nice if copying to the same folder the plugin would automatically change the name of the copy, to e.g.myimage_1.jpg. When uploading the same file to the same folder again, the plugin adds such a number: myimage_1.jpg. Unfortunately, it doesn't show this, but shows at first three dots: "myimage_..." although there is plenty of space to show the full file name. After going through the editing (even without editing) the whole file name will be shown.

Editimage: The "Save as"-form always complains "there exists an image with the same name". So it doesn't work.

Constant question "Are you sure to close the window" is a bit annoying.

Automatic refresh after some operations like editing would be nice.

Resizing works !!! Very nice. (Although image sharpness suffers. Automatic unsharp mask would be the icing on the cake.)

Cropping, hm, so so --- my first try: I cropped an image and got a completely black image back. Next two tries however worked. Than again, another black image. Than again it worked all right. Well I found out, one has to click that refresh button always always always. Couldn't replicate the black image again.

Rotating kind of works... it rotates the image but keeps the same height and width, resulting in a cropped image (top and bottom)
and white areas right and left. Hm, could be improved.

The Modes menu is very irritating: The radio buttons are too close to the next item and too far away from the real description. The radio button should be close to the description and there should be enough of space to the next item that you understand what you are clicking.

Undo --- yes, you can undo operations, but you cannot save the images afterwards. The save button is grey and "Save As" doesn't work. Ah, I found out, if you do some other additional operation, the save button will work again.

Additional Settings in config I would like to have:
start the file manager with full page always (and something to change it from and to whole page view under files>images)
preset the number of files shown in display

Anyhow everthing much better that the ajax file manager which came in former CMSimple_XH versions. Thank you.
svasti

cmb

Post by cmb » Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:34 pm

Hi Frank,

thanks for your detailed testing and feedback. :) All in all that sounds like pretty much work -- unfortunately for me too ;) I'll have to take a detailed look at everything, but a few remarks seem to be appropriate right now.
svasti wrote:Very nice that one can upload images right from a digital camera and do the cropping in the plugin!
If it works -- fine. But I'm afraid that the server side image manipulation might give some trouble due to PHP memory limits for really large photos. That could have been the reason for the black images.
svasti wrote:Additional Settings in config I would like to have:
start the file manager with full page always (and something to change it from and to whole page view under files>images)
preset the number of files shown in display
That sounds very reasonable, so probably I'll implement that.
svasti wrote:Anyhow everthing much better that the ajax file manager which came in former CMSimple_XH versions.
Do you mean FCKeditor's?

Christoph

svasti

Post by svasti » Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:35 pm

Hi Christoph,
cmb wrote:
svasti wrote:Anyhow everthing much better that the ajax file manager which came in former CMSimple_XH versions.
Do you mean FCKeditor's?
No, no, I mean CMSimple_XH 1.1.2 etc. It had Tiny mce plus Ajax file manager, but the editing part didn't work. CMSimpleSE also had it.
cmb wrote:sounds like pretty much work -- unfortunately for me too ;)
take your time, you've already given us so many nice plugins.
svasti