Cryptographp_XH

Third Party Plugins to CMSimple - how to install, use and create plugins

Moderator: Tata

cmb

Cryptographp_XH

Post by cmb » Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:04 pm

Hello community,

I've just released Cryptographp_XH 1beta1. It's available from my website.

Cryptographp_XH is a captcha plugin powered by cryptographp. It could be used as utility plugin for other plugins, such as Advancedform_XH (Version 1beta7 and up).

The current version has to be considered Beta software! Use with caution!

Any feedback is welcome.

Christoph
Christoph M. Becker – Plugins for CMSimple_XH

cmb

Re: Cryptographp_XH

Post by cmb » Sun Apr 22, 2012 5:50 pm

Hello Community,

I've just released Cryptographp_XH 1beta2.

Cryptographp_XH is a CAPTCHA plugin based on cryptographp. It was modified to fit in the CMSimple environment, can be called multiple times (even on the same page), and offers an alternative audio CAPTCHA. It could be used as utility plugin by other plugins, such as Advancedform_XH, to deter spambots from successfully submitting forms.

The most important changes since 1beta1:
  • fixed the local file inclusion vulnerability of Cryptographp 1.4 (see http://www.securelist.com/en/advisories/34299)
  • added a simple audio captcha
  • now multiple independent instances of the CAPTCHA can be used (even on a single CMSimple page)
Any feedback is welcome -- particularly about the audio CAPTCHA (is it useful this way?).

Christoph

cmb

Post by cmb » Thu May 03, 2012 6:48 pm

Hello Community,

I've just released Cryptographp 1beta3.

The most important change was the addition of an audio player, so the audio CAPTCHA will be streamed now. This requires JS and either an HTML5 audio capable browser that supports MP3 or the Adobe Flash Player installed. Otherwise the audio CAPTCHA will be offered as downloadable file.

I want to thank oldnema for contributing not only the czech translation of en.php, but also czech .wav files for the audio CAPTCHA. If anybody wants to contribute audio files for other languages: it's fine, if you send me a single .wav file with the 10 arabic digits and the 26 roman letters with approximately 1 second of silence between each "character" (44.100Hz, 16bit sampling rate, mono might be reasonable settings). I can do the cutting and the conversion. If you want to create the MP3 files for yourself, please note that they must not contain any ID tags, and must be absolutely clean (i.e. must not have garbage at the end, as the simple concatenation doesn't take that into account).

Any further feedback is welcome!

Christoph

cmb

Post by cmb » Thu Jan 01, 2015 6:15 pm

Hello Community,

I have just released Cryptographp_XH 1beta4.

I've improved support for CMSimple_XH 1.6 and made this version the minimum requirement. Furthermore I've fixed a bug, where the audio CAPTCHA required respectively localized MP3s (now English is used as fallback).

Happy New Year,
Christoph

cmb

Post by cmb » Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:41 pm

Hi everybody!

I have just released Cryptographp_XH 1.0beta5.

I've fixed a few bugs; see the changelog for details.

Note that this version requires at least PHP 5.4.0.

Thanks in advance for testing and feedback!

Korvell

Post by Korvell » Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:47 pm

Doesn't work too well in my Chrome-browser - it works ok in Firefox:
In Chrome, the audio player always only plays the same audio clip even if I reload a new captcha image - if I play the image audio and then reload a new capthca image the player keeps playing the first image audio... If i reload a new captcha first and then plays the audio it plays correct, but keeps playing the same audio even if I reload new captcha images...

cmb

Post by cmb » Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:07 pm

Korvell wrote:Doesn't work too well in my Chrome-browser - it works ok in Firefox:
In Chrome, the audio player always only plays the same audio clip even if I reload a new captcha image - if I play the image audio and then reload a new capthca image the player keeps playing the first image audio... If i reload a new captcha first and then plays the audio it plays correct, but keeps playing the same audio even if I reload new captcha images...
I've just tested this in Chrome (57.0 64bit) again, and for me it works as expected: as soon as I click reload, a playing audio is paused (it should actually stop, but I don't know how to do this); clicking play again causes the new CAPTCHA to be played.

Please have a look at the JavaScript console of the browser (F12 → console) and see if there are any errors reported.

lck

Post by lck » Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:32 pm

Bei mir funktioniert es auch wie es soll unter Xampp und online.
Aber in deiner Demo ist es so wie von Korvell beschrieben :?. Fehlt da irgendeine Komponente, an der jQuery-Konfiguration scheint es nicht zu liegen.
help.htm wrote:Requirements

Cryptographp_XH is a plugin for CMSimple_XH ≥ 1.6. It requires PHP ≥ 5.4.0 with the gd and session extensions.
„Bevor du den Pfeil der Wahrheit abschießt, tauche die Spitze in Honig!“   👉 Ludwig's XH-Templates for MultiPage & OnePage

cmb

Post by cmb » Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:18 pm

lck wrote:Aber in deiner Demo ist es so wie von Korvell beschrieben :?.
Stimmt! Das muss ich mir genauer anschauen.
Fehlt da irgendeine Komponente, an der jQuery-Konfiguration scheint es nicht zu liegen.
help.htm wrote:Requirements

Cryptographp_XH is a plugin for CMSimple_XH ≥ 1.6. It requires PHP ≥ 5.4.0 with the gd and session extensions.
jQuery wird von Cryptographp_XH nicht verwendet, GD ist vorhanden (sonst würde kein Bild erstellt werden können), und die Session Extension ist praktisch sowieso immer vorhanden (falls nicht, dann könnte man sich zum Beispiel gar nicht als Admin einloggen).

cmb

Post by cmb » Sun Mar 19, 2017 2:11 pm

cmb wrote:
lck wrote:Aber in deiner Demo ist es so wie von Korvell beschrieben :?.
Stimmt! Das muss ich mir genauer anschauen.
It's a caching issue. I've fixed that now in the demo (most likely you have to press CTRL+R to get the new version of cryptographp.js, as it is served by a proxy). If it doesn't work, have a look at the X-Cache header of the cryptographp.js request; it should have the value MISS.