Advancedform_XH

Third Party Plugins to CMSimple - how to install, use and create plugins

Moderator: Tata

cmb

Re: Advancedform_XH

Post by cmb » Mon Sep 05, 2011 4:23 pm

Hi intelli,

thanks for bringing this particular problem to my attention. :) I should state in the manual that write permissions are required for the languages/ folder.

Christoph
Christoph M. Becker – Plugins for CMSimple_XH

intelli

Post by intelli » Mon Sep 05, 2011 4:29 pm

It has been a pleasure to me! :)

intelli

cmb

Post by cmb » Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:36 pm

Hello community,

I've just released Advancedform_XH 1beta6. It's available from my website.

Advancedform_XH facilitates creating your own mail forms for integration to CMSimple_XH. Advancedform_XH is based on AdvancedForm by Jan Kanters. Due to the increased quality standards of CMSimple_XH and to prevent possible problems with other plugins in the future, a complete rewrite was necessary. Though the functionality basically remains the same, it is to assume, that at least minor bugs were thus introduced.

The current version has to be considered Beta software! Use with caution!

From the changelog:
extended advfrm_custom_mail hook to include the form id (suggested by manu)
fixed faulty mkdir mode
changed stylesheet handling for mails again (see stylesheet.css or manual)
moved requirement check to plugin section
added include() of functions.inc in the data folder (suggested by manu)
updated manual accordingly

Any feedback is welcome.

Christoph

cmb

Post by cmb » Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:33 pm

Hello community,

I've just released Advancedform_XH 1beta7. It's available from my website.

Advancedform_XH facilitates creating your own mail forms for integration to CMSimple_XH. Advancedform_XH is based on AdvancedForm by Jan Kanters. Due to the increased quality standards of CMSimple_XH and to prevent possible problems with other plugins in the future, a complete rewrite was necessary. Though the functionality basically remains the same, it is to assume, that at least minor bugs were thus introduced.

The current version has to be considered Beta software! Use with caution!

From the changelog:
changed interface of captcha code for compatibility with upcoming captcha plugins
changed: now for each form a separate file with the hooks is include()d (suggested by manu)
replaced deprecated functions in PHPmailer
changed the split line for the plugin stylesheet and the template stylesheets (see stylesheet.css or manual)
updated manual accordingly

Any feedback is welcome.

Christoph

bca

Post by bca » Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:14 am

Hi Christof
Just been trying Advanced FormXH.
It would be good if you could include Section Headings within a form eg the form i am working on has Personal Details as a heading and then Booking Details etc.

Maybe it is already there but i cant find it or maybe I have to do something in a template?

B

cmb

Post by cmb » Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:35 am

Hi B,

the simplest solution would be to use fields of type "output" and enter some text, e.g.

Code: Select all

<b>Personal Details</b>
If you wish to use <fieldset>s, you'll have to create your own template. Start in the mail form administration by clicking "Create template". Then edit the file MYFORM.tpl and MYFORM.css according to your needs.

Christoph

PS: Implementing additional field types "fieldset start" and "fieldset end" would be possible, but that would break the nice 2 column layout, because each fieldset would need an own <table>. OTOH the required changes to the template are very simple and could be done quickly. You might have a look at a simple booking form I've just created. All manual changed lines are commented as "custom".

bca

Post by bca » Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:29 pm

Thanks Christof.
I was just working around to the same solution (your simple booking form)

b
edit:However i seem to have a problem :(
When i edited your form ie took a field out using the backend i lost the form. It's still there but all fields are gone on the page.
Tried it with mine and i get the same thing. Is this something to do with using a template? Do I have to edit the template if i remove a field?

cmb

Post by cmb » Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:06 pm

Hi B,
bca wrote:Do I have to edit the template if i remove a field?
Yes, indeed that is necessary. You have to remove the complete <div class="break/float"> around the label and the field. And if you add an additional field later, or rename an existing one etc., you have to insert the complete <div> manually, or you can create a new template and enter your changes again. I know that this is inconvenient, but it can't be automated with an reasonable amount of work. And at least the template could be totally different from the basic one that is created from the back-end.

So it's best to create the complete form in the form editor, and perhaps test it with the default 2-column layout, and to create and edit the template only after finishing the form definition.

Christoph

bca

Post by bca » Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:07 pm

Ok thanks. I understand

B

cityedvlinz

Post by cityedvlinz » Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:11 pm

Hello!

Yesterday I started to occupy myself with Advancedform_XH (version 1beta7) and have already installed it successfully the first contact. However, I have a little problem with the confirmation page:

I installed with "thanks page" my (hidden) 'Thank you'. Now if I send a message, I get (and sent) sent a confirmation. However, the data remains in the fields and I get no output from the successful shipping.

Hence my questions:

- How do I install the "Thank You" page, that it works?
- Able to be alternatively a message (eg "Thank you for your message displayed ...") and the form fields are cleared the same time?

Would be great if someone could help me! THANK YOU!

Best regards,
Jürgen

(Translated with Google Translator)