Pagemanager_XH

Third Party Plugins to CMSimple - how to install, use and create plugins

Moderator: Tata

bca

Re: Pagemanager_XH

Post by bca » Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:11 pm

Gert wrote:
bca wrote:why not textboxes?
Perhaps because you can show not only text in a newsbox?
Yes that is exactly what i am doing - video in a textbox - sorry - newsbox

mediabox?
contentbox?

b

cmb

Post by cmb » Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:27 pm

Hi B,
bca wrote:Maybe the sitemap should be in the backend menu somewhere
I guess the link to the sitemap is already shown in most templates. And I will include the "edit page" feature to Pagemanager nonetheless. And there's a possibility to avoid the overflow of hidden "newspages" in edit mode: gather them under a single hidden page as <h2>. newsbox() doesn't care about the menu level of the pages.

But OTOH: might be a nice addition to have the sitemap available under "Pages".

Christoph
Christoph M. Becker – Plugins for CMSimple_XH

cmb

Post by cmb » Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:51 pm

Hello community,

I've just released Pagemanager_XH 1pl3. It's available from my website.

Pagemanager_XH simplifies the administration of pages of a CMSimple_XH installation. This plugin is comparable to the Menumanager plugin with regard to functionality, but by using a treeview it allows for better handling of websites with many pages. With Pagemanager_XH it is also possible to rearrange whole submenus.

From the changelog:
cmb improved handling of relocation after saving
cmb added Polish translation (contributed by learnandcode)
cmb updated manual accordingly

And of course, any further feedback is welcome.

Christoph

cmb

Post by cmb » Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:22 pm

Hello community,

I've just released Pagemanager_XH 1pl4. It's available from my website.

Pagemanager_XH simplifies the administration of pages of a CMSimple_XH installation. This plugin is comparable to the Menumanager plugin with regard to functionality, but by using a treeview it allows for better handling of websites with many pages. With Pagemanager_XH it is also possible to rearrange whole submenus.

Updating to this version is recommended.

Generally it is not possible to avoid clashes with extensions (plugins, templates, addons) including their own jQuery library (see Pagemanager_XH manual, section "Limitations"). Those extensions should be updated to use jQuery4CMSimple! But unfortunately many of those extensions are in use. This could result in the following behaviour when using Pagemanager_XH < 1pl4:

Instead of the treeview only a nested list of the pages will be shown. It is not possible to do anything (dragging pages around, create new pages, deleting pages etc.). But if you press "Save" the whole content will be purged, leaving just an empty page with the heading "New Page".

So I've implemented a detection of offending extensions. In this case a warning will be emitted, and it's not possible to save anymore -- well, it's not possible to use Pagemanager_XH at all. So update or uninstall the offending extension. If no update is available, ask the author, or here in the forum.

From the changelog:
cmb added check for offending extensions using their own jQuery library

And of course, any further feedback is welcome.

Christoph

PS: To find out, which is the offending extension, have a look at the source code of the page where Pagemanager_XH is shown. You'll find a <script> element which contains "jquery" as part of its src attribute (not "plugins/jquery/lib/jquery/", that's from jQuery4CMSimple). The full path of this script element should give a clue, which extension includes its own jQuery. Otherwise ask here in the forum.

cmb

Post by cmb » Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:47 pm

Hello Community,

I've just released Pagemanager 1pl6.

For updating a patch file is available as usual, but additionally you have to install Utf8_XH.

Christoph

cmb

Post by cmb » Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:43 am

Hello Community,

quite a while ago I've noticed that the drag and drop in Pagemanager sometimes silently fails. Yesterday I tested this with the latest jQuery (1.8.0) and the issue seems to have grown worse, so I've searched for a solution and found https://github.com/vakata/jstree/issues/174. Using jQuery 1.6.1 is not an option as this old version might cause other problems (for other plugins too). Unfortunately the other suggested workarounds didn't help, so for now the only solution seems to drop exactly when the node beneath the drop position is hovered (the background is light cyan in the default cmsimple theme).

The following operation works, as the (invisible) cursor is over "News01" so it's background is light cyan:
[ external image ]
The following operation will fail silently:
[ external image ]

I'm afraid this issue can be fixed only by switching to jstree v1.0.0, which is still in development status and the changed API is not fully documented yet. :(

Christoph

cmb

Post by cmb » Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:09 pm

Hello Community,

I've just released Pagemanager_XH 1pl7.

It contains a minor bug fix and the new Russian translation contributed by Old.

Christoph

cmb

Post by cmb » Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:19 pm

Hello Community,

I've just released Pagemanager_XH 1pl8.

The only changes: updated Czech translation and added Czech README and manual (contributed by oldnema)

Thank you, oldnema! :)

Christoph

cmb

Post by cmb » Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:20 am

Hello Community,

I've just released Pagemanager_XH 1pl9.

The only changes: I've added the Dutch translation (thank you, Rob) and I've fixed some broken links.

Christoph

cmb

Post by cmb » Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:46 pm

Hello Community,

I've just released Pagemanager_XH 1pl10.

I've fixed a bug, where redirect after save didn't work for HTTPS and non default ports (reported by Tata).

Christoph