[CLOSED] Pagemanager_XH 0.3 - 0.9

Third Party Plugins to CMSimple - how to install, use and create plugins

Moderator: Tata

Ulrich

Re: Pagemanager_XH 0.3/0.4

Post by Ulrich » Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:43 am

Good idea with the message box during delete.

Maybe the box can be made visible by a variable in the config section. That way a "normal" user will have the warnign, while "power users" can turn that message box off - at their own risk.

Sometimes clicking on an additional ok button is pretty anoying when you know what you are doing.

bca

Post by bca » Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:18 am

Hi

Just installed and seems to work OK on my test site.

Couple of comments:
1. When I right click the little submenu comes up but disappears quickly and the page resets to admin page but also creates a new tab in Chrome.
** edit just realised that's probably because I have right click set in Chrome to create a new tab. I've now got about 20 new tabs with the right click menu on!!! :lol:

2. It would be nice to have an indication as to whether a page is a hidden page - maybe a different colour?

b

Gert

Post by Gert » Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:46 am

Hallo Christoph,

another reason to avoid creating pages in a higher menulevel as defined in CMSimple settings:

by saving - pagedata will be moved from one page to another. Some of my Newsbox pages was visible in the menu after such an operation.

So my dirty stylesheet solution were not only dirty - but bad ;)
Gert Ebersbach | CMSimple | Templates - Plugins - Services

cmb

Post by cmb » Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:57 am

Hello Ulrich, hello bca,

thanks for your feedback.
Ulrich wrote: Maybe the box can be made visible by a variable in the config section. That way a "normal" user will have the warnign, while "power users" can turn that message box off - at their own risk.
I've already thought about that. Shouldn't be too much additional work.
bca wrote: in Chrome
Thanks for testing on Chrome. I'm afraid that nobody did test Pagemanager_XH with this important browser before :oops:
bca wrote: It would be nice to have an indication as to whether a page is a hidden page - maybe a different colour?
I'd already thought about that. And about changing the hidden state. And about manipulating other pagedata as well, so the user could do all this with pagemanager.

But IMO it's more important to get the basic functionality right at first, so end-users can have a stable Pagemanager_XH 1.0. I'd rather like to do the handling of page data in a later version.

BTW: I'm currently working on version 0.5 (mostly improvements suggested in this thread and some code cleanup). But I found another problem: currently it is possible to extend the selection to multiple pages (by using SHIFT/CTRL). But this will probably clash with my handling of nesting-level e.g. I think that this functionality isn't too important for Pagemanager_XH, so I will drop the possibility to select more than one page.

Christoph
Christoph M. Becker – Plugins for CMSimple_XH

cmb

Post by cmb » Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:59 am

Hello Gert,
Gert wrote: another reason to avoid creating pages in a higher menulevel as defined in CMSimple settings:
Good Point! I've already implemented this for version 0.5 ;), but currently without any hint to the user, why he can't do this. I'll work on it ASAP.

Christoph

cmb

Re: Pagemanager_XH 0.3/0.4/0.5

Post by cmb » Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:51 pm

Hello community,

I've just released Pagemanager_XH 0.5. It's available from CMSimple Wiki.

Even the current version has to be considered ALPHA! Do not use in a production environment. This release is meant for testing purposes only. Always make a backup of your content.htm and pagedata.php before using.

You might read the whole thread, if you've not already done, to know, what can happen to your data when working with pagemanager, and for explanations, why this is so.

From the changelog:
clicking a page title opens/closes the branch (inspired by Gert)
cleaned up code of init.js and renamed to pagemanager.js
changed to new stylesheet provided by Gert
creating pages respects menu_levels (reported by Gert)
changed to single selection only
removing of pages requires confirmation (suggested by Gert and Holger)
renamed 'remove' to 'delete'
confirmations can be suppressed via config option (suggested by Ulrich)
rearranged the context menu (suggested by Gert)
updated documentation

Any feedback is welcome.

Christoph

Ulrich

Post by Ulrich » Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:20 pm

So far everything looks pretty swell :D

But - even if I knew that my menulevel is only 3 level deep (h1, h2, h3),
I tried several times to add a subpage to H3 and was wondering why nothing happened.

May be there should be also a "switchable" warning that the deepest level of menu nesting is reached?

Just an idea.

Ulrich

Edit
---------------------------
If you set the theme to Apple (config / theme / apple)
the blue/white background lines somehow do not match the text (they don't line out).
Can the themes be "adjusted" via a CSS file? or are they fixed?

cmb

Post by cmb » Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:52 pm

Hello Ulrich,

thanks for testing and reporting back again.
Ulrich wrote: So far everything looks pretty swell
Good news :)
Ulrich wrote: May be there should be also a "switchable" warning that the deepest level of menu nesting is reached?
Hmm, that gave me already some headaches. Indeed you're right; but this will be much more for me to do, so it has to wait for the next version. Sorry.
Ulrich wrote: If you set the theme to Apple (config / theme / apple)
the blue/white background lines somehow do not match the text (they don't line out).
Can the themes be "adjusted" via a CSS file? or are they fixed?
I have not tested the apple theme with the newest css/stylesheet.css :oops: Probably that's the problem. You can try to use the minimal stylesheet from 0.4.3 with the apple theme. That should work. Perhaps you're able to adjust the new stylesheet for the apple theme then. And if you're willing to contribute the fix, I'll be happy to include it in the next version.

But indeed the themes are just CSS! You'll find them in jstree/themes. If you want to try to create a new theme, go ahead. There's no magic behind jsTree's themes. Or you can take a look at the WWW. Perhaps you'll find alternative themes for jsTree there.

Christoph

snafu

Post by snafu » Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:09 pm

first i make my daily backup :)
than i installed the 0.5
nice themes.
First i move a page, than a branch with 3 levels, it blocked my as i try to move it one level down, good. i create a page, i delete a other page. i copy a page (nice).
hu, all things work, no damage on my site.
good work

(besser englisch kann ich nicht!)
lg.
winni

Durch einen Sucher betrachtet wird alles zu einem Motiv.
meine Galerie; mein Blog, mein CMSimple Template Tutorial

cmb

Post by cmb » Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:18 pm

Hello snafu,
snafu wrote: hu, all things work, no damage on my site.
Good news :)
snafu wrote: good work
Thank you :D
snafu wrote: (besser englisch kann ich nicht!)
That was absolutely good enough! And pardon me for not posting in the german forum about Pagemanager_XH. I've had so much to do with the en/de manual, that I don't wanted to have to threads, perhaps with the same content. But promised: I'll announce the release of Pagemanager_XH 1.0 in the german forum too. But it may take some time until it's release.

Many thanks for testing and reporting again.

Christoph