[New Plugin] TS_backup v.1.0 beta1

Third Party Plugins to CMSimple - how to install, use and create plugins

Moderator: Tata

Till

[New Plugin] TS_backup v.1.0 beta1

Post by Till » Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:56 am

Plugin for CMSimple

Version 1.0 beta1

This plugin enables the owner of a website to download the four most important files of his CMSimple site without using FTP. This files are compressed into one ZIP file and immediately offered for download. The optional four files are:

1. ./cmsimple/config.php
2. ./content/content.htm
3. ./templates/own_template/template.htm
4. ./templates/own_template/stylesheet.css

The code to zip online derives from the phpMyAdmin package. The plugin has been tested with CMSimple v.3.2 under PHP4 und PHP5.

Download possibility on CMSimpleWIKI

Till

Till

Re: [New Plugin] TS_backup v.1.0 beta1

Post by Till » Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:31 am

I am very sorry. But because of an security problem I stopped the download possibility. As soon I have resolved it, it will be back. People, who have downloaded this version should not use it but rather throw it into the bin.

Till

Till

Re: [New Plugin] TS_backup v.1.0 beta3

Post by Till » Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:59 pm

OK,

ts_backup v.1.0 beta3 has been released. The problem before was the possibility of an external user to download any critical files via POST. This is not possible any more. Neither the admin.php nor the zip.lib.php files are accessible externaly anymore. The backup - that means the download - possibility is only accessible from within the administration tool.

The php code has been commented extensively. So everybody can see what every step is doing within the admin.php code.

Thanks Holger for putting my eyes on that problem which I neglected in a quasi criminal manner. In addition, Holger helped me out with an algorithm, which leads to an "Denied Access", if users try to call the admin.php routine from outside of CMSimple.

Download from CMSimpleWIKI

Till