Wrapper for QuickCart v1

Third Party Plugins to CMSimple - how to install, use and create plugins

Moderator: Tata

Nicky

Wrapper for QuickCart v1

Post by Nicky » Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:35 am

Hi, I'm using the 'wrapper' plugin to include QuickCart webshop in my site.

Works perfectly, but only 1 'bug'(?).

When there are many products, you can put them on several pages like
Page 1 | 2 | 3 | etc..

However, when you click on page 2, you land at the bottom of this page and not at the top. In other words, you must scroll upwards to reach the first product on that page.

Would be nice if this could be fixed somehow, however the alternative and simple solution is to put all products in a category on 1 'page'..

Any ideas or experience?
Thanks in advance!

Till

Re: Wrapper for QuickCart v1

Post by Till » Sat Sep 11, 2010 6:34 pm

Since I am the wrapper person I respond:

Please, what is the address of the shop and which pages did you select?

Till

Nicky

Post by Nicky » Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:56 pm

In the meantime I provided a demo and also did some Google-searching on this subject, but I can't fix it. Especially in shops with quite a large number of products, this is not very user-friendly. Situation as follows:

Next/previous page:
--Standalone shop: When you click any page number on the bottom of the products list, it jumps to the top of the chosen page; =correct.
--Shop in wrapper: When you click a page number on bottom of products list, it jumps to the bottom of the chosen page; = wrong. User had to scroll all the way to the top to see first product.

(go) Back
--Standalone shop: when looking into the products list at, let's say the 10th product on that page, and you click product detail, there is a 'back' button provided, click that and you return to the scroll position where you started (behaviour like back button in browser); = correct.
--Shop in wrapper: when in products list in middle of near end of page and click product detail, and then hit the 'back' button, you are taken to the top of the products list. You have to scroll all the way down to get back where your started; = wrong or at least very annoying.

To see this in action:
standalone -> http://www.benelinx.com/shop
shop in a wrapper -> http://www.benelinx.com/?Our_products

Hopefully, there is some way we can work this out, here is what I found via Google so far:
http://de.selfhtml.org/html/frames/anzeige/iframe.htm
Some kind of demo where the back-button returns you into the iframe on the position where you started, not on top of page.

Also there seem to be different techniques to provide a 'go back' link like:
window.frames[‘floatFrame’].history.back()
or
<input type="button" value="Back" onclick="iframe_name.history.back()">
but I don't know how to use those, so I don't know if this actually helps at all.

Many thanks in advance for your time.

Till

Post by Till » Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:22 pm

Hi Nicky,

the wrapper is just an iframe which is able to calculate its size according to the height of a given web site which is loaded in this wrapper. Using a wrapper you deal with two web pages which do not talk to each other. If you have your shop inside of cmsimple and you scroll down cmsimple up to the end of your shop which is inside the wrapper, the wrapper will recalculate its size if you flip the shop page. But the shop page will not tell cmsimple to scroll up. The wrapper contains no phone line between two different pages. I doubt that there will be a way to circumvent this problem. At least not with this simple iframe.

I hope my explanation has been comprehensible.

Till