Memberpages

Third Party Plugins to CMSimple - how to install, use and create plugins

Moderator: Tata

bca

Memberpages

Post by bca » Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:25 pm

Hi
Have installed memberpages 2.0 XH in XH RC.
Perhaps i am misunderstanding how it works but lets say i have 3 users as in the sample page with access levels user1 1, user2 2 and user3 3

Scenario 1:
If I have the login fields in the template and login as User1 in the menu i see the buttons for user1, user2 and user3. Yes i cant access their pages but i can still see them in the menu. Is that right? Seems wrong to me.

Scenario 2:
If i click memberspage in the menu i get the login fields on the page but I also see links to all the members not only in the menu but also as subheadings on the page. If i then login to user one i only have access to user1's page but the other users are still in the menu.

I dont want user1 to know how many members there are.
Say there are 20 members the menu would become rather large!

Do i misunderstand the purpose?

B

Tata

Re: Memberpages

Post by Tata » Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:02 pm

Have you set the plugin configuration properly? The option to "hide pages" shall be used to hide pages from the navigation. Normally these hidden pages shall only show up in navigation after a correct login.
CMSimple.sk
It's no shame to ask for an answer if all efforts failed.
But it's awful to ask without any effort to find the answer yourself.

Gert

Post by Gert » Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:01 am

Hi bca, the default users are for example only and for better understanding the accesslevels. You can delete them all and give all users accesslevel 1. Then all users can see all membepages.

If you want create a accesslevel structure, you have to think about a little bit. Every user can have only 1 accesslevel.

In the function-call you can decide, for which accesslevels the page is visible, comma-separated (for example: 1,2,5)

Code: Select all

#CMSimple $output.=memberspage('Member_Not_logged_in','1,2,5'); $output.=memberslogin(); #
Gert Ebersbach | CMSimple | Templates - Plugins - Services

bca

Post by bca » Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:55 pm

Ok Thanks.
Worked it out. The config was set to false.(thanks Tata.
It now works as it should (i think!)
The penny just dropped on the access levels :lol:

B