Simplesolutions.dk plugins updated to CMSimple XH 1.7

Third Party Plugins to CMSimple - how to install, use and create plugins

Moderator: Tata

simpleSolutions.dk

Simplesolutions.dk plugins updated to CMSimple XH 1.7

Post by simpleSolutions.dk » Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:32 pm

It took a long time to update my plugins to version 1.7. Actually, it should be easy, but few changes in core cms have resulted in a substantial increase in corrections and changes. First of all, version 1.7 has introduced configuration variables as constants (viewtopic.php?f=10&t=13064), ie. that once defined in the configuration file, they can not be changed later. Most of my plugins have made use of the functionality of the previous versions so that you could reconfigure plugins on the fly. From now on, one size fits all, and if you need to change configuration on some pages and the like, so you will have to correct the plugin's code yourself. Functions with 50 parameters or more are useless.

The Advanced Search plug-in is deleted because it was not used very much and it would require too much work to update it. Livesearch plugin can be used instead of.

Version 1.7 has also introduced some restrictions on content management, so Variaiabel Content's plugin could not replace the content with modified content anymore. It's really reasonably and the whole plugin is rewritten to jQuery.

You can find all plugins at https://simplesolutions.dk
The complete list of available plugins on the website:
  • CMSimple Mobile
  • Comments
  • Countdown Timer
  • File Upload
  • Floating Blocks
  • Form Mailer
  • Gallery Collection - Image Album
  • Gallery Collection - Image Slider
  • Gallery Collection - Image Cube
  • Gallery Collection - Image Rotator
  • Gallery Collection - LOSP (Lightbox on a single page)
  • Google Maps
  • Livesearch
  • Newsbox Rotator
  • Newsletter
  • PDfViewer
  • Table Tool
  • Tooltip and Modalbox
  • Variable Content
  • Youtube
  • Tinymce 4 add-ons
License:
Commercial license has stopped because it required too much work in relation to demand. This means that both testing and documentation will be somewhat looser from now on.
All plugins are now released under the Linkware license with the option to purchase the Remove Link license. The owners of Commercial License are automatically transferred to the Remove Link License. Please read the license requirements before download.

Support:
All support is via cmsimple forum and in english. Most posts and announcements on the forum are currently in German and reading German is not my first priority, so I rarely visit the forum. If you do not get any help for my plugins please PM me.

lck

Re: Simplesolutions.dk plugins updated to CMSimple XH 1.7

Post by lck » Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:47 pm

Great, thanks!
„Bevor du den Pfeil der Wahrheit abschießt, tauche die Spitze in Honig!“   👉 Ludwig's XH-Templates for MultiPage & OnePage

Tata

Post by Tata » Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:39 pm

Have a look at http://plugins_171.cmsimple.sk/?Plugins-Test/plugins-by-Jerry/
Something goes wrong with some of the plugins:
countdown returns:
Fatal error: Call to undefined function is_mobile_device() in /www/c/m/u13296/public_html/_sub/plugins_171/plugins/countdown/index.php on line 57
Call to undefined function is_mobile_device() in /www/c/m/u13296/public_html/_sub/plugins_171/plugins/countdown/index.php on line 57
comments returns:
Warning: include_once(/www/c/m/u13296/public_html/plugins/comments/languages/en.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /www/c/m/u13296/public_html/_sub/plugins_171/plugins/comments/libs/add-comment.php on line 14

Warning: include_once(): Failed opening '/www/c/m/u13296/public_html/plugins/comments/languages/en.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/php56/lib/php') in /www/c/m/u13296/public_html/_sub/plugins_171/plugins/comments/libs/add-comment.php on line 14

Warning: include_once(/www/c/m/u13296/public_html/plugins/comments/config/config.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /www/c/m/u13296/public_html/_sub/plugins_171/plugins/comments/libs/add-comment.php on line 15

Warning: include_once(): Failed opening '/www/c/m/u13296/public_html/plugins/comments/config/config.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/php56/lib/php') in /www/c/m/u13296/public_html/_sub/plugins_171/plugins/comments/libs/add-comment.php on line 15
The other plugins either not yet tested or work good.
CMSimple.sk
It's no shame to ask for an answer if all efforts failed.
But it's awful to ask without any effort to find the answer yourself.

simpleSolutions.dk

Post by simpleSolutions.dk » Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:35 pm

Countdown timer fixed and new version released (Anyway you will not be able to style timer on mobile devices without CMSimple Mobile plugin)
Comments are ajax based and must be run from the root folder. Otherwise you have to correct the path in add-comments.php

Tata

Post by Tata » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:39 am

So then. I'll give try later today. But have a look at imageslider and tooltip. There is something wrong too (the second tooltip).
CMSimple.sk

simpleSolutions.dk

Post by simpleSolutions.dk » Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:24 am

Please be more specific. I can made a quick fix, but I have to know what's going wrong and under what circumstances

Tata

Post by Tata » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:54 am

Well.
1. With cmsimplemobile installed, the countdown plugin works on desktop too.
2. Comments return only the warnings. Nothing new appears in the backend (no authorizations, no comments no file to choose).
comments-1.png
comments-2.png
comments-3.png
3. imageslider
imageslider.png
4. Newsletter: at http://plugins_171.cmsimple.sk/?Plugins-Test/plugins-by-Jerry/newsletter/newsletter1 there is the newsletter
newsletter1.png
After subscription the email arrives with the correct "Click here..." link to the newsletter. But using this link the correct URL opens with
newsletter2.png
5. Tooltip/modal opens the linked page instead of showing it in modalbox.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
CMSimple.sk

simpleSolutions.dk

Post by simpleSolutions.dk » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:40 am

Hi Tata
It seems that you still run comments from a subfolder.
Modalbox make popups on my site (try Privacy Statement - runs from template and Modal Box just before Compatibility section. I can't see why it is not working for you.
Image slider is probably a question of image size and styles. It works best with the images of the same hight and a width that is less the width of your content. Try it out.
Newsletter links will be tested later when I transfer some other websites to version 1.7
I have a lot work to do transferring websites to version 1.7. It will probably uncover some bugs and I will fix them as soon I find them. Sorry but I did use to much time on converting to version 1.7 to offer much time on support right now. That means that right now I'm only correcting bugs that generates errors or warnings, like the one with a call to missing CMSimple mobile plugin.

Tata

Post by Tata » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:31 pm

simpleSolutions.dk wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:40 am
It seems that you still run comments from a subfolder.

Ah, yes. The plugins_171 is a subdomain. So the plugins folder is npt under server-root but under server/_subdomains/plugins_171. Can this be the reason?
Modalbox - Here I tried to make only the links on a page. Will study how to have it working.
simpleSolutions.dk wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:40 am
It works best with the images of the same hight and a width that is less the width of your content.
As you could have seen, all imiages are 800x600.
CMSimple.sk

Tata

Post by Tata » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:30 am

I have tested the plugin with another installation of CMSimple_XHv1.7.2 and there it works. So I assume there is some conflict with the stylesheet of the page or another installed plugin. I haven't found the conflicting point so far.
CMSimple.sk