Advancedform_XH

Third Party Plugins to CMSimple - how to install, use and create plugins

Moderator: Tata

bca

Advancedform_XH

Post by bca » Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:43 pm

hi
I have a form I have used for a while. I decided I did not need a couple of the fields.
When I delete them the form dissapears - just the captcha appears.
No debug info although it does say there was a fatal error. (Luckily I had a back up)
In fact if I delete any field it happens. When I put the field back in exactly the same the form comes back OK
Happens everytime. XH1.7

b

cmb

Re: Advancedform_XH

Post by cmb » Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:05 pm

Hm, I can't reproduce this with Advancedform_XH 1.1 under CMSimple_XH 1.7.0 with PHP 7.1.4. If I delete the "Date" field from the "Contact" form, everything works as expected.

Is it possible that you're having a hook function in place which expects this field?
Christoph M. Becker – Plugins for CMSimple_XH

bca

Post by bca » Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:25 pm

cmb wrote: Is it possible that you're having a hook function in place which expects this field?
Not intentionally. :lol: How would I know?

b

cmb

Post by cmb » Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:44 pm

bca wrote:Not intentionally. :lol: How would I know?
There would be a file MYFORM.inc in plugins/advancedform/data/ (where MYFORM is the name of your form).

Another cause for the malfunction might be that form.dat is prone to line-ending issues. If you transfer the file via FTP, you have to make sure that it's transferred in ASCII (binary) mode instead of TEXT mode. However, if form.dat works online, it shouldn't be affected by broken the form definitions via the GUI.
Christoph M. Becker – Plugins for CMSimple_XH

bca

Post by bca » Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:01 am

I recreated the form and used the template from the old form, changing the form name etc and had the same problem!
On further investigation there was an unclosed div in the template.
Seems to be working OK now

b