How to use Hi_FancyBox

Third Party Plugins to CMSimple - how to install, use and create plugins

Moderator: Tata

DesertWind

How to use Hi_FancyBox

Post by DesertWind » Sat Jan 21, 2017 5:48 pm

I am not too familiar with HTML coding that is why the help page of hi_Fancybox is a bit complicated for me.
I managed to install the plugin but I don´t understand what it means to set a link and to select the class. Can some one describe this step for some one who is not that familiar with html coding. PLEASE!
I did upload via FTP photos in the folder userfiles/images/filename. But is I am just entering this {{{PLUGIN:hi_fancybox (filename);}}} I get an error "function hi_fancybox is not defined".

Tata

Re: How to use Hi_FancyBox

Post by Tata » Sat Jan 21, 2017 6:35 pm

Basically you shall:
1. Insert an image and copy its URL directly from image manager. Eventually set its size (it is a thumnailed size) for showing the image on the screen. You may set a standard size of thees images in some special class in your stylesheet and assign this class to each inserted image.
2. Link the image to its URL (already copied) and set the class "zoom" or "zoom_g" on "Advanced" TAB.

To use the plugin for all images with manipulated dimensions set "activate" to 1 in plugin's configuration.
That shall be all you need to have the plugin working.
CMSimple.sk
It's no shame to ask for an answer if all efforts failed.
But it's awful to ask without any effort to find the answer yourself.

Ulrich

Post by Ulrich » Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:33 am

.. deleted ..
Last edited by Ulrich on Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ulrich

Post by Ulrich » Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:31 am

.. deleted ..

frase

Post by frase » Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:05 am

Noch ein Tipp dazu:
Wenn du dir im Stylesheet 3 (leere) Klassen anlegst ...
.zoom {}
.zoom_g {}
.zoom_i {}
... musst du im Editor (Tinymce3) die Klasse nicht tippen, sondern kannst sie auswählen.
Und noch etwas:
In Holgers Beschreibung steht "select the "Advanced"-tab from the link-dialog ...".
Wenn du es im Stylesheet hast wie oben beschrieben, dann kannst du die Klasse gleich unten auswählen.
Geht aber nur im Tiny ...

Und nebenbei:
Leicht verständliche Dokumentationen zu schreiben ist wesentlich schwerer, als komplizierten Code zu programmieren.

cmb

Post by cmb » Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:57 am

frase wrote:Geht aber nur im Tiny ...
Und das ist zumindest eines der Probleme bzgl. der Dokumentation: man weiß ja nicht, welchen Editor der User verwendet. Alles nur für den Standard-Editor (derzeit TInyMCE 3) zu beschreiben, ist im Zweifel nicht ausreichend, weil es eben beim TinyMCE 4 und CKEditor etwas anders geht (mal ganz abgesehen vom Codeeditor_XH).
frase wrote:Leicht verständliche Dokumentationen zu schreiben ist wesentlich schwerer, als komplizierten Code zu programmieren.
Ja.
Ulrich wrote:And here we are back to a discussion which runs now for several weeks - CMSimple_xh ist not SIMPLE anymore, […]
I still not convinced that this is true. For instance, there is also TG_Popup which works almost fully automatically – thereby not offering some advanced possibilties which are available with hi_fancybox. So, just choose the right tool for your purpose. :)
Christoph M. Becker – Plugins for CMSimple_XH

Ulrich

Post by Ulrich » Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:27 pm

.. deleted ..

Tata

Post by Tata » Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:51 pm

Ulrich wrote:YOU and a few other know them, but I think we need a demo site which shows ALL possible plugins in an active environment so you can compare the.
You are right. Many of us spend hours, days, weeks reading manuals, trying this and that to learn how to use plugins. Patienly drop question here in forum and patiently wait for answers. Whoever has time and knowledge, uses this forum to offer new ideas, solutions and to help the others. That's what the forum is for. Sometime ideas of beginners become starts of new plugins made by our "profs".
Ulrich wrote:Just to state ": this plugin allowes you to blaba...." doesn't show any of the possibilities of the plugin
and furthermore - we should really need some kind of video tutorials.... ;) which could be added to that demo site (or at least a link to youtube or whatever video hoster is used)
You are right again. Many commercial CMSs do this. Some of them have even hot-lines to provide immediate assistance. There are call centers to get contact with very good paid profs waiting for your call. You even may buy DVDs with professionaly produced tutorials or join their webinars. This is the only we do not have - a firm building with offices and call centers, and good paid profs working daily on things you have just named.
This URL is very good start point.
http://cmsimplexh.webdesign-keil.de/?CM ... s/Vorschau
Right now I am working on http://cmsimple_xh_plugins.cmsimple.sk. But, because of nobody has hired me to do it, nobody is going to pay me hourly wage for my doing, I do it only to help (as much as I can to our beginners) and , I do in only when there's nothing else on my agenda (work of which I live and pay cheques, family, friends, children and grand children, hobbies, culture and sport etc. Sometime I use to sleep, too.).
Maybe somebody is working right now the same way on some video tutorials. But no one of people in this forum can guarantee any result, any deathline etc.
But yes, you are right. Some thing are missing in our OpenSource CMSimple_XH. And it is up to all of us to do our best to help filling the gaps.
CMSimple.sk
It's no shame to ask for an answer if all efforts failed.
But it's awful to ask without any effort to find the answer yourself.

cmb

Post by cmb » Sun Jan 22, 2017 7:38 pm

Tata wrote:But yes, you are right. Some thing are missing in our OpenSource CMSimple_XH. And it is up to all of us to do our best to help filling the gaps.
+ 1
Christoph M. Becker – Plugins for CMSimple_XH

Holger
Site Admin

Post by Holger » Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:15 am

Hallo Ulrich,
Ulrich wrote:I just followed the instructions given in the HELP file of hi_fancybox - I did not get the plugin to work .
If you just follow these instructions, you will not be able to display a picture as it is intended to be.
Ich gebe zu, dass die Dokumentation nicht optimal ist. Aber sie ist auch nicht komplett falsch.
Ulrich wrote:Edit your content and insert links as usual in the WYSIWYG-Editor.
Bedeutet: schreib einen Text oder füge ein Bild ein und verlinke es auf das gewünschte Ziel.
Oder wie verlinkst du ein Linkziel?
Ulrich wrote:To open a link inside a fancybox, just select the "Advanced"-tab from the link-dialog
and add to the "class" field one of the values below:
Beim englischen TinyMCE3 heißt der letzte Tab "Advanced" und vor dem 3. Input steht "Classes" (ok, ich habe "class" geschrieben). Jetzt kannst du per Tastatur dort eine der beschriebenen Klassen eintragen.
Diese Vorgehensweise wird zum Ziel führen.
Ulrich wrote:Do not call Hi-Fancybox as a plugin !!
Warum denn nicht? Wenn du FancyBox nur auf einer einzigen Seite verwenden möchtest, kannst Du es auf dieser einen Seite ganz normal per Pluginaufruf aktivieren.
Ulrich wrote:And here we are back to a discussion which runs now for several weeks - CMSimple_xh ist not SIMPLE anymore
Ja stimmt.
Was wars im kleinen CMSimple-Kosmos doch so simpel, als man eine Seitenüberschrift noch mit einem knackigen PHP-Code in der HTML-Ansicht von oEdit ersetzen musste:

Code: Select all

#CMSimple $output=preg_replace('/(<h[1-3]>).*?(<\/h[1-3]>)/i', '\\1NEUE ÜBERSCHRIFT\\2', $output);#              
Das muss gut und "simple" gewesen sein, denn im alten Forum findet man (zumindest ich) da keine Beschwerden drüber.
Heute muss man den richtigen Tab über dem Editor erst finden, die Überschrift eintippen und auch noch eine Checkbox treffen um das Aktivierungshäkchen zu setzen.
Echt jetzt, so was von umständlich...... Früher war das wirklich alles besser / eben simpler.

Aber anstatt ausführlich immer nur zu meckern würde ich mich freuen, wenn sich jemand mal selbst die Hände dreckig machen würde und für solche schlechten Dokumentationen wie meine mal selber eine ausführliche Doku mit Screenshots in verschiedenen Editoren und Videos erstellen würde. Ich würde das Ergebnis dann dankbar übernehmen.
Ulrich wrote:Holger mentions in his help file lb_gallery,
(derzeit wegen umfangreichem Update vorübergehend nicht verfügbar!)
since several months.....
Stimmt. Ich habe das Plugin jetzt aus der Liste entfernt.
Eigentlich müssten da noch weitere Kandidaten entfernt werden und eigentlich ist die ganze Seite nicht mehr wirklich aktuell.
Aber da fehlt es einfach an Zeit. Vielleicht wäre es in der Tat besser, wenn ich die Seite deshalb komplett deaktivieren würde. Dann gäbe sie zumindest keine Anlass zu schädlichem Feedback und solchen "Simple-Diskussionen". Denn hier geht es ja um Plugins, oder genauer gesagt um ein Plugin mit wohl schlechter Dokumentation. Und daraus die Schlussfolgerung zu ziehen, dass CMSimple_XH nicht mehr "simple" ist, finde ich zumindest ungerecht.