[Plugin] tsEdit

Third Party Plugins to CMSimple - how to install, use and create plugins

Moderator: Tata

Till

[Plugin] tsEdit

Post by Till » Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:28 pm

tsEdit is a backend plugin meant to be used only by administrators. Five different optional CMSimple folders can be used to upload files. These folders are determined in the plugin's configuration. All files of a chosen directory can be deleted (dangerous!). An optional restriction filter allows to exclude files of up to 10 different MIME types from uploading to the chosen folder. Max. size of the files to upload is determined by the size restriction set in CMSimple's main configuration (downloads_maxsize:). Text files can be edited. All files of a chosen directory are listed. Every function of this plugin is optional.

This plugin should be used with care - especially the delete function.

DOWNLOAD

DOWNLOAD page

BUGS:
There is one weird bug I observed: If a htm or html file is edited by tsEdit and the file name ends with three or more numbers (i.e. abc123.html), two editor windows open. I don't have any idea why this happens. In the moment I believe it is some CMSimple internal.

Till

[ external image ]

CMSimple-Styles.com

Re: [Plugin] tsEdit

Post by CMSimple-Styles.com » Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:51 pm

Hallo Till, sehr interessantes Plugin, ich teste es gerade!

Till

Post by Till » Sat Sep 05, 2009 7:05 am

Hi Jens,

it's a result of a patch work. Several wishes have been combined. An update should have the "list of files" in conjunction with the option to delete.

The BUG I observed: If you edit an HTML file with a name that ends up with three or more numbers, it opens up a second edit window. And if you save the file of the second window again, it ends up in CMSimple's own content folder. Saving the file of the first window ends up in the right place, though. So, it seems the edit function intertwines with CMSimple's own backup function. Since this edit function derives from the pluginloader, the bug maybe in there. However, I have not been further into it.

Till

Gert

Post by Gert » Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:09 am

Hallo Till,

I have installed it, but the change of directory does not work. So I can not use the plugin.

update: I have it, you should write something about file permissions ;)

Im this case: ... /dirdata/dir.txt => 777

update 2: In a second language it doesnt work, only the content-folder is right, I think because it is on the same level. The images- and download-folders are one level higher in the structure, if I am in a second language.
Gert Ebersbach | CMSimple | Templates - Plugins - Services

Till

Post by Till » Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:50 am

Hi Gert,

Yes, I wanted to update the Help files already because of clarifying the stuff with the rights. Also if you want to use tsEdit's content folder it requires 777.

With the second language: Sh.., I have to go into it and repair it.

Till

Till

Post by Till » Sat Sep 05, 2009 4:28 pm

The plugin has been updated (ver.1.0 RC 3). The changes are:

1.) Bug in multilingual usage removed,
2.) HELP files have been updated,
3.) Call of functions does not open up anymore with an empty editor,
4.) The locations of the DELETE option and the EDIT option have been exchanged (because I made too many mistakes myself and deleted lots of required stuff ;-) ).

I hope I haven't added additional bugs.

Thanx, Gert, for testing.

Till