Multicalendar without day names

Third Party Plugins to CMSimple - how to install, use and create plugins

Moderator: Tata

Tata

Multicalendar without day names

Post by Tata » Wed Apr 20, 2016 6:30 pm

Have you experienced this? If I switch to multicalendar, e.g.

Code: Select all

{{{multicalendar(2,2);}}}
The small calendars are built without day names.
Another problem that I can't find any solution is, that on my localhost the events are saved wrongly (only start time is saved) and are not shown/linked in small calendar. Uploading them to my host everything works.
So here are my two questions:
1. What's wrong with the day names? Have I overseen something in configuration?
2. How to fix the position of pop-ups such a way that they always use the full width of the section with the multicalendar? The section is fully responsive.
E.g.
[ external image ]
CMSimple.sk
It's no shame to ask for an answer if all efforts failed.
But it's awful to ask without any effort to find the answer yourself.

cmb

Re: Multicalendar without day names

Post by cmb » Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:23 pm

Tata wrote:If I switch to multicalendar, e.g.

{{{multicalendar(2,2);}}}
That seems to be intentional, see svasti's demo. I assume that is to save some screen space.
Tata wrote:Another problem that I can't find any solution is, that on my localhost the events are saved wrongly (only start time is saved) and are not shown/linked in small calendar. Uploading them to my host everything works.
Hm, I suggest you have a look at the respective event files (eventcalendar_%LANG%.txt). If the info is stored there correctly, obviously there's a problem when reading the files. Otherwise there's a problem on saving the data.

If after uploading the very event file that didn't work, now works, it might be caused by a line ending issue. Changing auto_detect_line_endings may help, but it may be necessary to clean different line endings (*nix style, DOS style, MacOS style) in a text editor.
Christoph M. Becker – Plugins for CMSimple_XH

svasti

Post by svasti » Thu May 05, 2016 7:45 pm

Tata wrote:Have you experienced this? If I switch to multicalendar, ...
Hallo Tata, I am sorry to respond only now.
Calendar was my first real plugin several years ago and it is not very well programmed. I myself lost track of what I did then.
Now, I searched for this week day names problem and I found a solution :) !!!

Lines 815 and 828 of calendar/includes/calendar.php add // at beginnings of line

// 2nd row: weekday names
    //===================
//     if(!$extramonths && !$columns) {
        $o .="<tr class='weekdaynames'>\n";

for($i=0; $i <= 6; $i++) {
            if($startmon){$j = $i+1;} else {$j = $i;}
            if($j==7)$j=0;
            if($j==date('w') && $month==date('n') && $year==date('Y')) {
                $o .= "<td class='calendar_daynames'><span class='today'>$dayarray[$j]</span></td>\n";
            } else {
                $o .= "<td class='calendar_daynames'><span>$dayarray[$j]</span></td>\n";
            }
        }
        $o .= "</tr>\n";
//     }
cmb wrote:That seems to be intentional, see svasti's demo. I assume that is to save some screen space.
It looks like, however I cannot remember why I did it.
Tata wrote:Another problem that I can't find any solution is, that on my localhost the events are saved wrongly (only start time is saved) and are not shown/linked in small calendar. Uploading them to my host everything works.
Could be a difference in the line endings? Or different php-versions ...
Tata wrote:2. How to fix the position of pop-ups such a way that they always use the full width of the section with the multicalendar? The section is fully responsive.
Not so simple, because the popups are relative to the date. So to get the same pop up from different week days you may have to define the pop up different for each week day.
If you set calendar>config>popup_direction_small_calendar to down you could edit the stylesheet.css to get the desired effect: the classes are a.info_pop-up:hover span.down0 to a.info_pop-up:hover span.down6 and you would have to enter a fitting value for every week day.

Calendar is very dated compared to our present XH. However I don't know when I'll be able to get out a new version.

Tata

Post by Tata » Thu May 05, 2016 9:11 pm

svasti wrote:Lines 815 and 828 of calendar/includes/calendar.php add // at beginnings of line...
Super. Nur ich habe es erst ab #1668 gefunden.
svasti wrote:If you set calendar>config>popup_direction_small_calendar to down you could edit the stylesheet.css to get the desired effect: the classes are a.info_pop-up:hover span.down0 to a.info_pop-up:hover span.down6 and you would have to enter a fitting value for every week day.Calendar is very dated compared to our present XH. However I don't know when I'll be able to get out a new version.
Das habe ich auch probiert. Mit einem Kalendar in der Reihe habe ich es auch gany gut geschafft. Mit 2,2 ist es aber sehr schwierig, und wohl auch nicht machbar. Am PC, Tables ist es noch gut. Am iPhone aber nicht mehr.
Sowieso, vielen Dank.
CMSimple.sk
It's no shame to ask for an answer if all efforts failed.
But it's awful to ask without any effort to find the answer yourself.

ojay

Post by ojay » Mon May 23, 2016 6:54 pm

Zu den vorstehenden Posts..
mein Multicalender (3,3)
vorher:
[ external image ]

Es gibt dazu jetzt doch eine Lösung, das dort auch Mo,Di,Mi... angezeigt werden!!

geht doch...
[ external image ]

Ein langer Wunsch doch erfüllt. Hat nur etwas gedauert, das Englische zu verstehen... ;) (und den Lösungsbeitrag zu finden)
Ich hoffe, es wird gleich in die Download-Datei eingepflegt oder es gibt eine Einstellmöglichkeit.