Autogallery

Third Party Plugins to CMSimple - how to install, use and create plugins

Moderator: Tata

Tata

Autogallery

Post by Tata » Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:49 pm

As stated here autogallery has been deprecataed. I work now on a webpage for my colleague - artist who would like to have a webcatalogue of his images. I tried to use the Fotorama and 1page-gallery-master. Both have their advantages and disadvantages. But it seems to me that using an Autogallery would be the simplest "autogenerating" tool. However, this is not available anymore/I don't know where to find it. Also I am not sure if this would work with latest version.
What I would like to try is:

A floating "half-page-width x full-page-height" multiline array of thumbs generated for specified images/subfolder and a floating "half-page-width x full-page-height" container showing the selected thums respective image.

Could somebody give me a hint how to solve this?

The 1page-gallery-master works just as I would like it. But to use it I must use an iframe, which I don't like very much. Is there another alternative?
Last edited by cmb on Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed formatting
CMSimple.sk
It's no shame to ask for an answer if all efforts failed.
But it's awful to ask without any effort to find the answer yourself.

cmb

Re: Autogallery

Post by cmb » Thu Mar 31, 2016 6:57 pm

Tata wrote:As stated here autogallery has been deprecataed.
In my opinion, that has been done for a good reason: the autogallery script is not maintained anymore since about 2004. Besides that it may not work with current PHP versions, there is the possibility that the script is vulnerable, and even if somebody would be willing to fix these issues, the script's license may not allow redistribution of modified versions.
Tata wrote:Could somebody give me a hint how to solve this?
Unfortunatly, I can't for time reasons. :(
Christoph M. Becker – Plugins for CMSimple_XH