Trans-Eltern

Please post the URLs to sites, you've set up in CMSimple, here!
beate_r

Trans-Eltern

Post by beate_r » Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:58 am

Hi,

quite recently i realeased a project where i used CMSimple as a portal integrating two other applications: Trans-Eltern, the portal of a support group, implementing guestbook and a forum. The template is CSS based and derived from a template by Free CSS Templates. The site is a relaunch of an older site which has been based on PHPKIT/CCK that had been hacked.

The guestbook (a quick aftershot) runs in an iframe with a color scheme matching the forum.

Now to the forum: it was long clear that i wanted to use SMF as the forum. After some experiments with SMF's TinyPortal mod i decided to use CMSimple (version 3.1) - it was much easier to maintain the fairly large amount of content and it is user friendly enough for the technically unexperienced site owner. The integration itself is twofold: basically an iframe with javascript based resizing of the page height. In addition i used the SSI-Interface of SMF in order to to have the latest forum posts and a login prompt from within cmsimple.
It runs nicely. There are, however, some glitches, and i inted to further dig into SMF for an even closer integration with CMSimple (which involves munging the template.htm of SCMsimple into the corresponding PHP-Script of SMF) in the future.
The integration of SMF's SSI.php envolves a require_once() as the first php statement which luckily does not conflict with the xtoc-modification i also use in the portal, but i had to patch login.php on the CMSimple side in order to resolve a naming conflict: writelog had to be changed to cms_writelog().

More soon in the wiki (if there is interest ;))

Beate

CMSimple-Styles.com

Re: Trans-Eltern

Post by CMSimple-Styles.com » Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:24 pm

Looks ok, but the login form does not fit into the module of the cmsimple template. Can't you make it shorter (Trough CSS, so no hacking must be used?)

beate_r

Post by beate_r » Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:00 pm

It does fit, as long as You don't enlarge (tested with firefox 2.0 and 3.0 on linux as well as with Safari on OSX 1.4.x). Anyway, there is nothing special about it, just a simple HTML form calling the login function of the forum. So it should be fairly straightforward to make it fit.

I did not verify with IE - well i know it is usable with ie6 - the only Microsoft browser i can run on linux) but the layout is somewhat broken.

I am not quite sure if it is worth the effort.... maybe i should better dig into a closer integration.

Moreover, there is a need of recovery of the old contents of some of the subforums.

CMSimple-Styles.com

Post by CMSimple-Styles.com » Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:09 pm

Firefox 3.5 auf Vista / Win7

[ external image ]