www.wendsche-treckerfreunde.de

Please post the URLs to sites, you've set up in CMSimple, here!
Sordon

www.wendsche-treckerfreunde.de

Post by Sordon » Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:19 pm

http://www.wendsche-treckerfreunde.de/
This is a German site about friends of old tractors. It is using CMSimple_XH and some plugins and is a complete relaunch of the site. Before that Netobjects Fusion 8 was used. The design is not finished and in the meanwhile I'm using the standard XH template.

Best Regards,
Sordon

CMSimple-Styles.com

Re: www.wendsche-treckerfreunde.de

Post by CMSimple-Styles.com » Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:55 pm

Netobjects, i still get nightmares when i think about it. Always destroyed my .nod (database) file. Good choice to go with CMSimple.

Sordon

Re: www.wendsche-treckerfreunde.de

Post by Sordon » Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:34 pm

Back in 2003, when the site was created the first time, Netobjects was an easy way to get started. But over time it became more and more difficult, because Netobjects or the site's nod database respectively, became indeed unstable.
Since more than three years I'm not using Windows anymore and switched to Linux. To maintain the site I had to run Netobjects in a virtual machine with Windows XP. So maintaining the site became pretty cumbersome. As I'm maintaining a couple more websites with CMSimple, I finally moved all the content to a CMSimple installation. And now the maintenance of the site is really simple :D