Wellrad shopping cart bugs!

A place to report and discuss bugs - please mention CMSimple-version, server, platform and browser version
kweku

Wellrad shopping cart bugs!

Post by kweku » Mon May 18, 2009 11:25 pm

im sure there are a few out there who using or playing with the Wellrad shopping cart. i think its great but there are some annoying bugs that im hoping someone has the answer to. :(

1/i cant get the full V.A.T to be added to the total price? Although the % amount shows up its not added!!

2/ Although i set it to Australian Dollars it seems to revert back to US dollars at the checkout process ( when it goes to paypal ) ??

3/ i have tried modifying the officedecorator.inc and product.inc etc.. files but i cant seem to change the image directory to a sub-folder like ' images/products' ?? - when i tried the preview image drop down vanishes??

this one is not a bug - but is it possible to set the preview product image at a specific height and width with a little css styling?? :)

kweku

Re: Wellrad shopping cart bugs!

Post by kweku » Tue May 19, 2009 10:58 pm

hmmm

no replies yet? i was hoping the developer of Wellrad would respond...

there doesnt seem to be any help file or documentation for this one?

anybody?

kweku

Post by kweku » Sun May 24, 2009 1:18 pm

its a shame i got no replies ( apart from my own )

i have decided to look at other shopping carts. Wellrad is a bit too limited in the functions at the moment and
also some stable support is really needed if you make this kind of plugin public.

opencart is an open source ecommerce solution - this is what im looking into right now, it looks really good and has large community of users.

Martin

Post by Martin » Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:40 am

Hallo kweku,

I'm sorry, I was on a little holdiday that week and I just did not look into the bugs thread until today and missed your post!

So, you have switched to opencart. Of course that is a "bigger" solution in most aspect. It really looks great, offers a lot of features and is still easy to use. But I think you should not compare apples with oranges: The wellrad cart was made for a different target group and is explicitly a small solution for a small business that just does not need all this features but a tight integration with a CMS.

But anyway, even though it is late, let me try to answer your questions:

ad 1) The wellrad cart stores the prices including v.a.t. So nothing has to be added. There is a somewhat hidden possibility to show the net prices anyway. Just set in the config.php $zShopSettings['show_netto']='true';. (Do not do this in Germany - the shop would not fit the legal requirements anymore.)

ad 2) That 's right! Here is a little bug: The changes for the paypal currency setting need to be saved twice before they are taken. Didn 't notice this problem so far. Thanks for the hint! I will have a look at it.

ad 3) There is no own implementation of an image management. The wellrad cart just reads the default CMSimple image folder. Of course it would be nice, especially when things get big, to have a special folder for the preview pictures. I think, a setting for this should be added in the future. But for now you really have to hardcode it - and you took the two involved files to try it. I don't know what you have done and what went wrong...

Martin

kweku

Post by kweku » Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:51 pm

hi Martin,

thanks for your reply. hope you had a good holiday. ( i need one right now !)

i have to admit, i have also run into small problems with opencart to do with currencies - for the moment i will see how things progress with wellrad as im not in a rush to offer ecommerce solutions just yet.

if you need any bug testers for wellrad let me know :)

Martin

Post by Martin » Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:56 pm

Hi kweku,
kweku wrote:if you need any bug testers for wellrad let me know
Thank you for the offer! I will come back to it - probably soon!

Martin