Bug when changing page data?

A place to report and discuss bugs - please mention CMSimple-version, server, platform and browser version
johnjdoe

Bug when changing page data?

Post by johnjdoe » Thu Sep 25, 2014 6:55 am

Since the latest version I noticed a bug (?) when changing the following variables with the GUI:

'linked_to_menu'
'published'

I try to explain. I created a new page and changed 'heading' and the both other variables to not show the new page in the menu nor publish it.

After filling some content in the page I switched to the preview mode to check the layout of the page. I received a 404er ... :(

I tried to change the mentioned variables in the GUI but the result was the same.

When I looked into the content.htm the variables were NOT changed but had the values from what I did in the beginning. :?

After changing them manualy in the content.htm the page appeared correctly.

Does anybody has the same issue?

Thanks in advance!

cmb

Re: Bug when changing page data?

Post by cmb » Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:24 am

johnjdoe wrote:I created a new page and changed 'heading' and the both other variables to not show the new page in the menu nor publish it.

After filling some content in the page I switched to the preview mode to check the layout of the page. I received a 404er ... :(
The 404 is intentional, because the page is unpublished (in view mode the behavior of unpublished pages should be the same as when they didn't exist).
johnjdoe wrote:I tried to change the mentioned variables in the GUI but the result was the same.

When I looked into the content.htm the variables were NOT changed but had the values from what I did in the beginning. :?
I have not been able to reproduce this with XH 1.6.3. Which message did you get after saving the page data from the back-end?
Christoph M. Becker – Plugins for CMSimple_XH

johnjdoe

Post by johnjdoe » Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:34 am

cmb wrote:I have not been able to reproduce this with XH 1.6.3. Which message did you get after saving the page data from the back-end?
That the changes were saved. But when I tried to preview the page I had the 404 again and after looking in the content.htm I saw that the variables weren't changed. But, and that's surprising, the checkboxes in the GUI showed the previous values...

Could it be a cache problem on the server or depending on a firewall on the server? I ask because on the same installtion the search function does not work since the latest CMSimple version. With older versions the search function works well and the new version on an other server works without problem too.

Christoph, if you want you could connect to the server. I think you have the account data, no?

cmb

Post by cmb » Thu Sep 25, 2014 2:23 pm

In the meantime Gerd and I had some PM conversation, and we have not been able to reproduce the failing page data save.

The search function didn't work, because there seems to be a bug in the installed PHP, that apparently crashes the server process. :(
Christoph M. Becker – Plugins for CMSimple_XH