Unexpected extra line and blank space?

A place to report and discuss bugs - please mention CMSimple-version, server, platform and browser version
job

Unexpected extra line and blank space?

Post by job » Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:59 pm

Hi all

I am new here, and I hope this is the right forum. I have testet the CMSimple_XH 1.1.1, and have found these bugs - I think:

1) If you insert a table and enter the sourcecode (via the source button), a new extra line is written on top of the inserted table – and including a blank space (<p>&nbsp;</p>)?

2) Also a blank space is added at the end of each new line, after saving?

This is tested on my host server (Apache 2, PHP 5.2, ISO-8859-1) with Firefox 3.6 on Mac OS X 10.5.8, and IE 8.0.6001.18702 on Window XP, Home Edition 2002.

I hope it is possible to avoid these unexpected results in future fixes, so that it will be easier and more safe for the end user.

Best regards
Jorgen

Gert

Re: Unexpected extra line and blank space?

Post by Gert » Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:09 pm

Hm ...

WYSIWYG editors normally creates a new paragraph by <enter> and a new line by <shift+enter>.

If you enter 2 x <enter>, you have an empty paragraph like <p>&nbsp;</p> and a new paragraph after that.

That's not a bug, you seems not to know, how WYSIWYG-editors are working ...

But you can change the behavior of the FCKeditor in the file ./FCKeditor/custom_configurations/fckconfig_cmsimple.js :

Code: Select all

FCKConfig.EnterMode = 'p' ;			// p | div | br
FCKConfig.ShiftEnterMode = 'br' ;	// p | div | br
Change FCKConfig.EnterMode = 'p' to 'br', and the Editor creates only a line break in case of <enter>.

But that's not the best way, better learn to work with the normal setting.
Gert Ebersbach | CMSimple | Templates - Plugins - Services