Indirect modification of overloaded element...

A place to report and discuss bugs - please mention CMSimple-version, server, platform and browser version
Post Reply
Tata
Posts: 2797
Joined: Tue May 20, 2008 5:34 am
Location: Slovakia
Contact:

Indirect modification of overloaded element...

Post by Tata » Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:51 pm

After almost all plugins are installed (most of them working smoothly), there are some returning
Notice: Indirect modification of overloaded element of XH\PluginConfig has no effect in /www/c/m/u13296/public_html/_sub/plugins_171/plugins/googlemaps/index.php on line 107
or very similar. What can be the reason and/or how to repair it? It return jerry's Gallery plugins.
Installed on http://plugins_171.cmsimple.sk

P.S. Tomorrow leaving for 3 weeks Slovakia. Hopefully I find the time to look in here. If not, have all nice season and all celebrations, event etc. you may be part of. And happy new-year-start for all.
CMSimple.sk
It's no shame to ask for an answer if all efforts failed.
But it's awful to ask without any effort to find the answer yourself.

cmb
Posts: 12794
Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:04 am
Location: Mü-Sa, RLP, DE
Contact:

Re: Indirect modification of overloaded element...

Post by cmb » Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:50 am

Tata wrote:After almost all plugins are installed (most of them working smoothly), there are some returning
Notice: Indirect modification of overloaded element of XH\PluginConfig has no effect in /www/c/m/u13296/public_html/_sub/plugins_171/plugins/googlemaps/index.php on line 107
or very similar. What can be the reason and/or how to repair it? It return jerry's Gallery plugins.
Installed on http://plugins_171.cmsimple.sk
That notice most likely indicates that the plugin is trying to modify $plugin_cf or $plugin_tx, but that does not work as of CMSimple_XH 1.7 anymore. In the Google Maps plugin, the problem is googlemaps_config(); if you don't call this function there shouldn't be any issues.
Christoph M. Becker –Plugins for CMSimple_XH, but not for CMSimple 4+

Tata
Posts: 2797
Joined: Tue May 20, 2008 5:34 am
Location: Slovakia
Contact:

Re: Indirect modification of overloaded element...

Post by Tata » Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:10 am

thanks, with googlemaps this has helped. I can't see any prpoblem commenting the fubction off, so far. There are another warnings, however:
Notice: Undefined index: jm_cookie_control in /www/c/m/u13296/public_html/_sub/plugins_171/cmsimple/classes/PluginConfig.php on line 84
...
Notice: Indirect modification of overloaded element of XH\PluginConfig has no effect in /www/c/m/u13296/public_html/_sub/plugins_171/plugins/imgalbum/index.php on line 73
...
Notice: Indirect modification of overloaded element of XH\PluginConfig has no effect in /www/c/m/u13296/public_html/_sub/plugins_171/plugins/imgcube/index.php on line 63
...
Notice: Indirect modification of overloaded element of XH\PluginConfig has no effect in /www/c/m/u13296/public_html/_sub/plugins_171/plugins/imgrotator/index.php on line 69
...
Notice: Indirect modification of overloaded element of XH\PluginConfig has no effect in /www/c/m/u13296/public_html/_sub/plugins_171/plugins/imgslider/index.php on line 70
...
Notice: Undefined index: page in /www/c/m/u13296/public_html/_sub/plugins_171/plugins/pdfviewer/index.php on line 70
Here commenting out resulted either in empty page or no change or even a blank page.
CMSimple.sk
It's no shame to ask for an answer if all efforts failed.
But it's awful to ask without any effort to find the answer yourself.

cmb
Posts: 12794
Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:04 am
Location: Mü-Sa, RLP, DE
Contact:

Re: Indirect modification of overloaded element...

Post by cmb » Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:56 am

Tata wrote:There are another warnings, however:
Notice: Undefined index: jm_cookie_control in /www/c/m/u13296/public_html/_sub/plugins_171/cmsimple/classes/PluginConfig.php on line 84
In this case the problem is that $plugin_cf['jm_cookie_control'] is referenced in index.php, but there is no actual plugin configuration (i.e. config/config.php is missing). Quickfix: just comment out or remove the following line in index.php:

Code: Select all

    $pcf = $plugin_cf['jm_cookie_control'];
Tata wrote:
Notice: Undefined index: page in /www/c/m/u13296/public_html/_sub/plugins_171/plugins/pdfviewer/index.php on line 70
Here commenting out resulted either in empty page or no change or even a blank page.
It is not necessary to comment out the function, but rather not to call it in the first place. Probably somewhere in the content you have a call like:

Code: Select all

{{{pdfviewer_config("cache","true")}}}
Remove it, and set the desired configuration option in the plugin administration. To allow for individual configurations for each plugin call, the plugin would have to be modified, see viewtopic.php?f=10&t=13064 ff-
Christoph M. Becker –Plugins for CMSimple_XH, but not for CMSimple 4+

Post Reply