mrleejohn wrote:I'm glad I did not and that I took the time to sort out the problem.
I'm glad too. I guess nobody of the developers was aware of this problem before, and many users might be irritated by the current behaviour.
mrleejohn wrote:In Cmsimple XH1.5, as it is now, one has to use TinyMCE.
Probably other editors will behave the same with the current implementation of saving from the editor in the core. So it has to be solved somehow in CMSimple_XH's core. IMO a forced switch to UTF-8 with a warning otherwise might be the best option, to cater for new templates and plugins. Even if that might change some URLs.