How can I get previous text back?

General questions about CMSimple
rachelnoah

How can I get previous text back?

Post by rachelnoah » Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:01 pm

Hi everyone,

I'm hoping somebody can help, I haven't a clue as I am very new to this.

I inherited a website from a friend but I wanted to add some text to the first page. So just above where it says 'Home' I typed two paragraphs and saved them. But now the first two headings on the main menu have disappeared, now it has a bit of the text I wrote. I can't access the original home page text or the following page. They have vanished. I've tried cutting but even though the txt goes it is still on the side menu and up on the top menu.

I hope someone can tell me how to go back to what was originally there. I would happily delete the text i added today, i wasn't even important. I could kick myself!

Thank you,
Rachel

cmb

Re: How can I get previous text back?

Post by cmb » Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:23 pm

Hello Rachel,

that's probably no problem. Everytime you log out from CMSimple, a backup of the old content is made automatically. It's not difficult to restore it. But even if the backup is not available (e.g. because you've logged in and out already too many times), the content could be restored manually.

But it is important to tell us the CMSimple version you're using. There are some differences between CMSimple and CMSimple_XH in this regard. It might also be helpful if you could post a link to your website.

Christoph
Christoph M. Becker – Plugins for CMSimple_XH