XH 1.7: sprint #5

Discussions and requests related to new CMSimple features, plugins, templates etc. and how to develop.
Please don't ask for support at this forums!

Holger
Site Admin

Re: XH 1.7: sprint #5

Post by Holger » Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:51 am

Ok, so here are mine, just a few minor topics to clean-up the roadmap with this sprint:
And BTW, we should have a look at this topic, since named sessions are already included.

cmb

Post by cmb » Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:19 am

Thanks, Holger. I've updated the list.

I suggest to continue discussion (if necessary) in the respective threads, but a remark regarding "add breadcrumb markup for locator": this had not been forgotten, but rather I was not sure about the details, and there was no further discussion, so I only did the basic refactoring, what should make it quite easy to add the desired markup (whatever we'll choose).
Christoph M. Becker – Plugins for CMSimple_XH

cmb

Post by cmb » Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:37 pm

Holger wrote:And BTW, we should have a look at this topic, since named sessions are already included.
Indeed. That would appear to make most explicit rules obsolete, and the rest (e.g. use a reasonable prefix for the session variables) are pretty much uncontroversial, so there's no need for further discussion. I shall add the condensed info to the XH wiki.

cmb

Post by cmb » Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:49 pm

I've updated the links in the OP to point to the respective Github issues. Also I've changed item (1) to a related issue, which should probably be resolved (or not) before the originally planned issue is going to be tackled.

cmb

Post by cmb » Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:56 pm

I've replaced (8) with a related issue, which should better be solved first, because otherwise we'd had to consider checking whether the password is "secure" also on the client-side.

cmb

Post by cmb » Sat Feb 25, 2017 2:49 pm

I have just suggested a timeline for CMSimple_XH 1.7.0, and to be able to manage it ever, I've considerably extended the list of items for this sprint.

I've marked all 22 issues on Github with the label "voting", so you can easily find them.

Note that there are pull requests for all features which I consider reasonable to implement for XH 1.7.0, except for the filebrowser bug which has already been fixed (complain, if you don't like this fix), and the new page splitting, which is in a separate code repository. This clarifies what to vote upon, and you can actually try it out. Please preferably vote by adding your reaction where it is not misunderstandable (e.g. add +1/-1 to my comment where I suggested to postpone a feature), or by adding a short comment (longer discussions might better done in the respective forum thread). Those who don't have a Github account can sign up for one, or if necessary vote by replying to the forum discussion thread (I'll try to forward this to the respective Github issue).

Voting ends in 18 days, i.e. on March, 15th.

Happy voting!
Last edited by cmb on Sat Feb 25, 2017 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fix link

cmb

Post by cmb » Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:18 pm

cmb wrote:Voting ends in 18 days, i.e. on March, 15th.
Ping.

cmb

Re: [VOTING] XH 1.7: sprint #5

Post by cmb » Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:51 am

Voting has ended. Thanks to all participants!

I've changed the labels and milestones, respectively, according to the voting results. I'm going to implement all enhancements that have been marked "to be implemented" ASAP.

cmb

Re: [VOTING] XH 1.7: sprint #5

Post by cmb » Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:44 pm

cmb wrote:I'm going to implement all enhancements that have been marked "to be implemented" ASAP.
Done! :)