XH 1.5.10: Voting Phase

Discussions and requests related to new CMSimple features, plugins, templates etc. and how to develop.
Please don't ask for support at this forums!
cmb

XH 1.5.10: Voting Phase

Post by cmb » Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:20 pm

Hello Community,

IMO it's overdue to start working on XH 1.5.10; 1.5.9 was released nearly 5 months ago, and considering the voting phase of 18 days (plus that it's not so unlikely that we'll have to release a 1.6.2 within February), I assume we will not be able to release 1.5.10 before march otherwise, what leaves only 4 months till EOL.

Currently, I'm checking the latest changes in the 1.6 branch for whether they might be relevant for 1.5.10. I'll open separate threads for the individual items to somewhat keep the overview. As two eyes might easily overlook something, it would be good if others could double-check everything.

I'll report back in this thread when I think I'm finished, so we may open the voting phase.

Christoph
Christoph M. Becker – Plugins for CMSimple_XH

cmb

Re: XH 1.5.10: Voting Phase

Post by cmb » Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:18 pm

I've put all items on the roadmap, and opened respective threads. I assume there is not much to discuss, so I'll open the roadmap for voting. 18 days as usual, so voting ends on February, 22nd. Please don't forget the security roadmap (there's 1 item).

manu

Post by manu » Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:33 pm

At the best there is a lifetime of 3.5 months for this version. I would suggest only to fix the severe bugs/issues (if they aren't already done). And leave a remark in the readme.txt that not all planned fixes were fullfilled and leave a hint/link which leads to this (then archived) roadmap. We better put our (limited) enery into the new version, the glorious update script and look after heaving all important plugins up to actual state.
my 2ct.
regards
manu

cmb

Post by cmb » Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:15 pm

manu wrote:I would suggest only to fix the severe bugs/issues (if they aren't already done).
It seems we should clarify our release process, so everybody knows in advance what to expect. :)
manu wrote:And leave a remark in the readme.txt that not all planned fixes were fullfilled and leave a hint/link which leads to this (then archived) roadmap.
That seems a bit like a fraud: "Great news! You'll get updates until $date ... Unfortunetaly, we didn't manage to do so, but you can read about what we had in mind." It is okay, if we only fix severe bugs, but we should rather document this. If we decide that some bug is not severe, IMO it's okay to say so.
manu wrote:look after heaving all important plugins up to actual state
Good point! However, I don't know which plugins are not up-to-date for XH 1.6. Multilang_XH definitely isn't (and Polyglott_XH is not out there), Ajaxfilemanager_XH isn't (but might never be -- seems to be too much work to keep it alive), but what about others?