1.6 Tiny3 + 4 suggestions

Discussions and requests related to new CMSimple features, plugins, templates etc. and how to develop.
Please don't ask for support at this forums!
cmb

Re: 1.6 Tiny3 + 4 suggestions

Post by cmb » Sat Dec 28, 2013 12:30 pm

svasti wrote:Now all can have their desired configuration,
+1

I'm not sure how to interpret the votes given so far. These might relate to the notes on the roadmap ("add a config option").
Tata wrote:"Basic Content Creators" should be accessible standardly - a drop down list seems to be OK, but special buttons would also be user feriendly and would not require much coding.
It probably doesn't require much coding, but I'm afraid none of the developers has much expertise in writing TinyMCE plugins, and that makes even little coding overly time-consuming and might result in error-prone code.
Christoph M. Becker – Plugins for CMSimple_XH

svasti

Post by svasti » Sat Dec 28, 2013 2:00 pm

cmb wrote:I'm not sure how to interpret the votes given so far. These might relate to the notes on the roadmap ("add a config option").
There are 3 votes:
svasti and Tata don't want the old undifferentiated blockformat lists and manu doesn't want an additional config option.
As the roadmap only has now/later/never, not version a/b/c, I interpret the votes according to the postings here. Besides cmb and Holger have also made their positions clear.

Everybody could have his say. All positions are integrated in the present solution, and the default is only a slight change compared to the way it was before. The default is like Holgers CKEditor4CMSimple. And easily adjustable.

So I would go ahead with 1.6

@ Tata
cmb wrote:I'm afraid none of the developers has much expertise in writing TinyMCE
1+

manu

Post by manu » Tue Dec 31, 2013 10:09 am

Hi to all
+1 for svasti's proposal.
I shall publish a seperate & actual tiny4 version on SF ASAP.
best regards & guten Rutsch
manu

manu

Post by manu » Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:22 pm

Hi to all
tinymce4 for CMSimple_XH 1.6 is available on Sourceforge.
Please be aware that this version ist still for testing and feature request purposes. It only runs on V1.6 & higher. Tinymce v3 remains as core editor.
Have pleasure.
manu