XH 1.6: RC2 or final?

Discussions and requests related to new CMSimple features, plugins, templates etc. and how to develop.
Please don't ask for support at this forums!
manu

Re: XH 1.6: RC2 or final?

Post by manu » Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:22 am

cmb wrote:We have to consider then if we shall outsource tinymce4 from the main repository or if we adjust the build script to omit it from the distribution. What do you think, manu?
IMO it's a good idea to move it to a seperate place at SF. There is a good place to collaborate/discuss the issues for tiny4 (discussion about are spread over more than 3 theads now, pretty hard to follow). How do we move on? I'm not very used with SF, but it seems easy to build a repository with a ticket system. Suggestion may be forked/branched and consolidated after conclusion. 1st priority is is bring tiny4 to actual version. Next step is to define & discuss together the setup of the common profiles/inits. And then what preferences should be managed by the config menu.
So far my thoughts
manu

cmb

Post by cmb » Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:40 pm

manu wrote:http://www.tinymce.com/develop/bugtrack ... hp?id=6594
I just downloaded the latest TinyMCE package, and it contains only the minified plugin files. Seems that issue has already been resolved.
manu wrote:IMO it's a good idea to move it to a seperate place at SF.
Um, why not. It's indeed easy to set up a new project and to configure it with the desired functionality (issue tracker, etc.) I suggest you create the new project as you're the (main) maintainer. When tinymce4 will be imported there, we'll loose its history (SVN's changelog), but that doesn't seem to be a problem.
manu wrote:discussion about are spread over more than 3 theads now, pretty hard to follow
Indeed. We should try to better separate concerns in our discussions.
Christoph M. Becker – Plugins for CMSimple_XH

manu

Post by manu » Tue Dec 24, 2013 11:26 am

cmb wrote:
manu wrote:http://www.tinymce.com/develop/bugtrack ... hp?id=6594
I just downloaded the latest TinyMCE package, and it contains only the minified plugin files. Seems that issue has already been resolved.
Your download is tinyMCE4. You talked about tinymce(3).

cmb

Post by cmb » Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:10 pm

manu wrote:Your download is tinyMCE4. You talked about tinymce(3).
Oops! I've just checked the production package of 3.5.10, and indeed it contains the unminified plugin sources.
Christoph M. Becker – Plugins for CMSimple_XH