Class for XH_mailform div

Discussions and requests related to new CMSimple features, plugins, templates etc. and how to develop.
Please don't ask for support at this forums!
svasti

Class for XH_mailform div

Post by svasti » Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:09 pm

Hi developpers,

I am just building a website for somebody and find that the width of the fields of XH_mailform is not nice in this particular template.

Unfortunately the form doesn't have a class name. I think, it wouldn't hurt to give it a class name (e.g. class="XH_mailform"), so that one could style it properly via the template css if necessary.

svasti

cmb

Re: Class for XH_mailform div

Post by cmb » Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:03 pm

The mailform is already enclosed in a div#cmsimple_mailform resp. div#xh_mailform in XH 1.6; isn't that sufficient?
Christoph M. Becker – Plugins for CMSimple_XH

svasti

Post by svasti » Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:32 pm

Would be nice, if this were the case, but it isn't :(

Just put {{{XH-mailform();}}} on an page and check!
These classes appear only in the standard contact form -- they don't appear when you call the mailform like a plugin on a page. At least not in my installation.

svasti

cmb

Post by cmb » Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:59 pm

svasti wrote:These classes appear only in the standard contact form -- they don't appear when you call the mailform like a plugin on a page.
Of course you're right. My apologies for not reading carefully enough.

So it seems reasonable to add an appropriate class attribute to the actual mail form, say, xh_mailform (I would prefer to stick with lower case letters, because that's the current convention). As XH_mailform() was introduced for XH 1.6, I assume we can add the class without an explicit voting. Okay?
Christoph M. Becker – Plugins for CMSimple_XH

svasti

Post by svasti » Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:18 pm

cmb wrote:add an appropriate class attribute to the actual mail form, say, xh_mailform
+1