XH 1.6: add restore functionality

Discussions and requests related to new CMSimple features, plugins, templates etc. and how to develop.
Please don't ask for support at this forums!
cmb

Re: XH 1.6: add restore functionality

Post by cmb » Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:10 am

The upper part of the general settings dialog currently reads:
Settings

Only change settings when you understand the effect your changes will have!

System files

Edit CMS configuration
Edit Website configuration
Edit language file
Edit stylesheet
Edit template
View log
So it offers the same links, that are directly accessible from the settings menu, and a note of caution about editing these settings. IMO both are not needed.
Christoph M. Becker – Plugins for CMSimple_XH

cmb

Post by cmb » Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:04 pm

I have finished up the restore functionality with a respective success message, better error handling and styled the button to be inline (completed with r595).

About the Settings page I have opened a new thread: http://cmsimpleforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=6240.

manu

Post by manu » Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:32 pm

On Content file DELETE:
How about a warning "are you sure?" (JS alert or similar)?

one for the wishlist:
How about a rename button? (rename to "2013_last_backup"). I suppose this renamed file would not be deleted automatically but can be deleted by hand.

cmb

Post by cmb » Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:54 pm

manu wrote:On Content file DELETE:
How about a warning "are you sure?" (JS alert or similar)?
I'm not sure, if that's necessary, see http://cmsimpleforum.com/viewtopic.php? ... 896#p35739. Anyway, we may continue this discussion in the other thread (so it's easier to look up from the roadmap).
manu wrote:How about a rename button? (rename to "2013_last_backup"). I suppose this renamed file would not be deleted automatically but can be deleted by hand.
Not sure, if I understand you correctly? Do you want to be able to rename the current content file, or do you want to copy it? Or should it be possible to rename a backup, so that it will be kept? CMSimple_SE2010e has something similar: it is possible to create a backup by clicking a button, and additionally it's possible to retain a backup ("keep this!").