XH 1.6: new/additional Templates

Discussions and requests related to new CMSimple features, plugins, templates etc. and how to develop.
Please don't ask for support at this forums!
cmb

XH 1.6: new/additional Templates

Post by cmb » Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:33 pm

Hello Community,

I want to suggest making a template competition for a new default template for CMSimple_XH 1.6. It's not that I don't like Gert's templates delivered with CMSimple_XH, but as CMSimple_XH is now a community-driven project, IMO the community should be invited to contribute templates.

I can imagine to include one template of every template designer who will participate in the contest in the base distribution of CMSimple_XH 1.6; the winning template will be the default one. Of course all templates should be published under GPLv3 (to avoid any license issues), and should have links to the official website of CMSimple_XH. And of course the designer can set a backlink to his website in the template.

Christoph
Christoph M. Becker – Plugins for CMSimple_XH

cmb

Re: XH 1.6: new/additional Templates

Post by cmb » Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:59 pm

Hello Community,

we might consider also making a Logo contest. The current XH logo is nice for 16x16, but doesn't scale well to larger size. E.g. on SF it looks a bit puny.

Christoph

Gert

Post by Gert » Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:48 pm

cmb wrote:The current XH logo is nice for 16x16, but doesn't scale well to larger size. E.g. on SF it looks a bit puny.
That's not a logo, that's a copy of the favicon.ico for the Browser, I don't know, who has it done,

Gert
Gert Ebersbach | CMSimple | Templates - Plugins - Services

cmb

Post by cmb » Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:12 pm

Hi Gert,
Gert wrote:That's not a logo
Well, IMO one can regard it as iconized version of the CMSimple_XH logo: [ external image ]
However, it would be nice to have a logo in different typical sizes. Just cropping and scaling the existing logo might not give a good result.

Christoph

snafu

Post by snafu » Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:32 pm

a logo is something bigger, a picture, a text, graphic elements, or a mix of all, something you can scale between 30*100 to 200*600px
it should be an eye-catcher. it may, but need not have a direct association to the product (what penguins have to do with operating systems?)

a good logo is not easy

(da man ein logo ziemlich lange am hals hängen hat, ist das etwas, was wohlüberlegt sein will. gehört zur "corporate idendity", da fliessen unsummen für ein paar federstriche, so es die richtigen sind. Für den betrag den samsung für sein neues logo hinlegt, dürften wir alle gemeinsam sofort in rente gehen)
lg.
winni

Durch einen Sucher betrachtet wird alles zu einem Motiv.
meine Galerie; mein Blog, mein CMSimple Template Tutorial

Tata

Post by Tata » Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:54 pm

Here is my very short shot to the logo idea. Just to kick on the other authors ;-) The symbol has to represent the core developers team surrounded by the community and its openness to all interesting to join.
http://cmsimple.sk/?logotypy

[ external image ] [ external image ] [ external image ] [ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
CMSimple.sk
It's no shame to ask for an answer if all efforts failed.
But it's awful to ask without any effort to find the answer yourself.

cmb

Post by cmb » Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:26 pm

snafu wrote:a logo is something bigger
Of course you're right. But in addition to the large logo, there should be a related icon.
snafu wrote:gehört zur "corporate idendity", da fliessen unsummen für ein paar federstriche, so es die richtigen sind.
That would be appropriate, if CMSimple_XH had a yearly revenue of 220,1 Mrd. USD. ;)
Tata wrote:The symbol has to represent the core developers team surrounded by the community and its openness to all interesting to join.
I like that! :)
Tata wrote:Just to kick on the other authors
I guess we first should agree, if we make the contest.

Another idea for a logo I've had a few minutes ago: a Viking, as symbol for CMSimple's origin--and more.

svasti

Post by svasti » Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:32 am

Well, there is a CMSimple Logo.
What about a CMSimple_XH logo which is a variation of that logo?

And regarding templates: May be a simple template, where newcomers can understand how it is done, would be useful.

svasti

cmb

Post by cmb » Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:54 am

svasti wrote:What about a CMSimple_XH logo which is a variation of that logo?
That's also a good idea!
svasti wrote:And regarding templates: May be a simple template, where newcomers can understand how it is done, would be useful.
Why not! But I would rather appreciate a template tutorial. Lars' template tutorial is the best I'm aware of, but (a) it's in German language only and (b) it has a rather steep learning curve.

Tata

Post by Tata » Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:25 am

cmb wrote:That would be appropriate, if CMSimple_XH had a yearly revenue of 220,1 Mrd. USD. ;)
:-D Anyway, I am proud and happy about CMSimple_XH even without any revenue. Money spoils people :-). However, people without money are also bad...
CMSimple.sk
It's no shame to ask for an answer if all efforts failed.
But it's awful to ask without any effort to find the answer yourself.